Monday, August 1, 2016

Time is flying, 11 months left

August 1, 2016


I asked Nic to send me some pictures with his tag.
This is a new missionary thing.
I love the ones that he sent me.



This is one of my favorites.
Lot of fun pictures.

Wow what a week this has been!  Let me tell you first about my
transfer plans.  I am leaving the wonderful city of Togane.  I am so
sad to be leaving, the members here are great and Elder Law and I have
been working really hard to build this area up.  But I am leaving and
now going to a place called Mito!  (Me Toe) is how you would say it.
But if you remember Matsudo, one of my previous areas, I am going to
be in the same zone again!  So I am way excited for that.  I am also
going to be really close to the beach so that will also be really fun
and awesome!  I am so excited for that!  Another really cool thing is
I am going to be in a trio!!!  I don't know if you remember him but I
will be with Elder King again.  He is the Elder who was with my in my
last trio for about a week back in Kasukabe.  I am also going to have
a Japanese companion named  Elder Ishikawa.  So we will have an
American, Australian, and a Japanese person.  It is going to be so
much fun!  I am so excited!!!  Elder King and Elder Ishikawa and I are
going to kill it in Mito.  We are going to work so hard! :)
As for this week we had a pretty fun day on Saturday.  Well really the
night.  The morning was kind of rough because we tried to do some
finding and nothing really worked out.  No one wanted to talk to us
and it was so hot outside! But we went to the Asanuma's house and they
invited, Sister Taura (who's husband just past away, so it was good to
see her) Brother Owano, Brother Yoshita, and Brother Ogata.  They are
all single members in the Ward and we had a really good talk with
them.  They are all old and really nice.  We then had the lesson and
we showed the brown family video.  All of them were so on board with
it.  Owano said, I have ten friends I am going to invite to church
activities this week, look I even made my own business card to give to
them.  He is such a nice old man.  Brother Asanuma said, "We need to
have you two share this video with everyone in the Ward.  Maybe when
people do their home teaching you can go with them and do this with
them."  he is so on board for it.  Everyone one else told us they
would invite their friends this coming week.  Sister Taura said she
doesn't really have any friends right now that she could share the
Gospel with, but she told us she would pray about it tonight and then
try inviting someone in the next two weeks.  She is amazing!  I love
the members in Togane so much.  They are the reason why I am here, I
love talking with them and building relationships with them.  I love
them and they love doing missionary work.  I could see the passion and
the desire in their eyes as I was talking with them. They are all
amazing! :) That made Saturday worth it.  Despite all the bad things
that happened that day, that dinner made it worth it! :)
Overall, I think I am going to miss the members the most from Togane.
They have made such a huge impact on my life and they really have
become my second family.  I hope if I ever come back to visit Japan,
that I can come back here and visit my family again.  I love them all
so much and I am leaving a part of my heart here with them.  Togane
will forever be in my heart and I hope that this area continues to do
well.  It is amazing how much of an impact love can make in someone's
life.  Because of the love that I have felt in Togane, it has changed
me.  It makes me want to get to know my next Ward even more so that I
can have the same relationship with them.  I love my mission so much
and it really has blessed my life more than anything.  It has helped
me realize how much our Heavenly Father loves his children and how
much he really know us and listens to our prayers.  He loves us so
much and I really wants us to be happy.
One last miracle that happened this week. So after church this week we
went to a lesson with a new investigator and found out what he wanted
to learn about. He called us the other day and said he wanted to learn
more about the church. He met with the missionaries last year and then
lost contact with them. So we are now teaching him. He has so much
interest and he really wants to learn more about our church, come to
church, and feel Gods love.  He has been reading the Book of Mormon
already and he wants us to help him understand it more.  He is way
solid and I am excited for the next Elders to teach him.  Well, on the
way back, we found three new investigators on the train ride home. It
was such a cool miracle. One of them went home and made a Facebook so
that we can talk and be able to contact each other. He is way solid!
The other two said they wanted to learn more about church so we are
going to give them a church tour Thursday!  It was such a cool miracle
being able to find so many people in a short time. We told the lord we
wanted to find more investigators and here he is putting so many
people in our path. I love it!
I know that as we pray about the things we want to do and then listen
for the Holy Ghost to tell us what God wants us to do, we can see
miracles in our lives.  Because we listen to the Holy Ghost and do
what he asks us to do, we find new investigators and we are able to
help the investigators we have now.  I am so blessed to have the Gift
of the Holy Ghost.  He is always with me and he is always leading me
the right way.  I love this church and I love my Savior.  He is my
everything.  I love you all so much and I hope you have a wonderful
week!  I will talk to you later!  I hope you have an amazing week and
look for the happiness in your life.  I love you and I will talk to
you next week.  Take care and don't forget to check out my blog! :)
Love you!!!! :)


Elder Unsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment