Monday, August 22, 2016


Typhoon Weather

August 22, 2016



My Zone!

Saporo Temple.  I am going there someday!


Hello everyone!
  Japan is currently in a typhoon and it is the

windiest it has ever been in my life!  I am fine and everything is
going well in Narita, but boy I hope my apartment doesn't fly away
anytime soon! Haha But really Japan is going through a crazy typhoon
right now and there is like no one on the streets.  Actually fun fact,
I was walking on the street this morning to go to the church and the
wind was so strong it blew my companion and I across the road.  Good
thing the light was green and we could run across but man was that
crazy!  I will have to send out a video or something of how crazy this
wind is!  I love it though, this is a once in a life time opportunity
for me! :)
As for how this week went, it was actually really hot and there was a
lot of time just talking to people.  We spent so many hours on the
pavement talking to people and spreading the good word.  By the end of
the week we talked to about 300 people!  Crazy right?  But I love it!
We also found about 4 new investigators and they all seem way excited
to meet and learn more.  So we might be getting some more lessons in
this week!  I am so pumped and excited.  My favorite part about my
apartment is being with elder Higashi.  He is a Japanese missionary
and he is so funny.  I love his English and I love talking to him in
Japanese.  He is hilliarisou and defiantly one of my best friends on
my mission.  I also love with all my heart Elder Porter.  He is great
and I feel like we are brothers.  He is so much fun to be with and I
love working with him.  He is a boss missionary and a way hard worker.
But as for this week one pretty awesome thing happened this week!  The
wonderful, beautiful Saporo temple was dedicated by President Nelson.
It was amazing to go to all three sessions and hear the general
authorities talk.  Elder Whiting, who is the area president talked in
Japanese.  I don't know if you all remember him but he gave a prayer
in general conference last October and he was the General Authority I
met back when I was a transfer one.  It was way cool to hear from him.
Also President Nelson gave a talk and someone translated for him.  It
was good to hear from him.  But my favorite part was to hear from
Elder Stevens of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.  For those of you
who don't know, he served his mission in Japan, was a mission
president in Japan, and was the area president for Japan.  So his
Japanese is very good and it was amazing to hear him give a talk in
Japanese.  I loved every part of the ceremony and I felt the spirt so
much.  I think I was able to understand about 75% of it all, so that
was pretty good and it reminds me that my Japanese is getting better
as the days go on.  The talks were good, the dedication was great, and
the spirit was unforgettable.  I love serving in Japan! :)
This week was amazing and I feel like when I go out and do finding
with my companion, I am doing it with my best friend.  I feel like
most the time we are laughing at ourselves or we are laughing at
something funny or stupid that happened.  I just love working with
Elder Porter. Every time we go out and do finding our faces hurt
because we are smiling and laughing too much.  It is the best feeling
in the world.  I love Japan, I love Narita, I love Elder Porter, and I
love this work.  Thank you all for your wonderful love and support you
always give me!  I hope to hear from some of you soon.  I love you and
I will talk to you next week! If you have any questions for me, send
them my way and I will answer them for you!  Love you!!!! :)



Elder Unsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment