Monday, August 29, 2016


Temple day Typhoon

August 29, 2016


Temple day with my two companions,
Elder Higashi and Elder Quetioz

 Me in the purple tie,
Elder Higashi is in the red tie,
 Elder Quetioz is in the blue tie

 For pday we went to Asakusa. It is a pretty cool shrine that is
huge!!! But  took some cool pictures of me and the shrine and some
awesome tag pictures. However half of the tag pictures turned out
blurry because of the rain and my unskillful talent. So I am just
sending the ones I think look cool!  When I go back again, I will
retake some good tag pictures.



I love JAPAN!






One handsome missionary!


Love tag pictures!



What a crazy week this past week has been.  First off, luckily the
Typhoon hasn't come back to full force yet, but it is actually suppose
to come back today.  Why is it always on P-Day?  But right now it is
okay, let's hope it stays that way.  Because if it gets too windy then
they close down the trains and if they close down the trains then I am
stuck in Tokyo and can't get back to Narita!  So hopefully everything
goes well today! Haha
I also have some sad news.  My wonderful Companion Elder Porter had to
go home this past week because of some health problems, so I am now
back in a trio.  Fun fact, I have had five companions this past
transfer.  Usually a missionary only has one per transfer, I guess I
am just lucky to have five! But it was sad to see Elder Porter leave.
He was a great missionary and we worked so well with each other.  He
will be greatly missed.  I never had as much fun on my mission then
when I was with him.  He is a great missionary and an even better
friend to me.  I love that guy.  My new companions are Elder Higashi
and Elder Quetoz.  Elder Higashi is from a city near Tokyo called
Yokohama and Elder Quetoz is from Brazil.  So I have now had
companions from all over the world.  I have had them from America,
Japan, Australia, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and now Brazil.  All I need is a
Russian, European, and an African and I have pretty much been through
out the whole world! Haha But I love these Elders and they are such a
blessing to my life.  Especially Elder Higashi, he helps me with my
Japanese and he is just a fun guy to be around.  I love him so much.
Some fun things that happened this week was our investigator named
Oami passed his baptism interview!  So we will be having another
Baptism next Sunday!  I am so excited.  Oami is such a cool guy.  He
is 63 but he has a heart of gold.  He is so kind and so spiritual.
When I teach lessons to him I feel the spirit so strong with him.  He
is just one of the nicest guys I have ever met on my mission and he is
so sweet.  I love him and I am overly ecstatic for his  baptism this
Sunday.
Another fun thing that happened was an investigator that Elder Porter
and I found finally was able to meet this week.  His name is Rogers
and he is from Uganda.  He is also a way nice guy.  But we taught him
the restoration this week and his biggest concern was he wanted to
know what church was the true church on the earth.  We taught the
restoration and he said, "I want to read the Book of Mormon". "All I
got to do is Read the Book of Mormon".  It was so cool to see how much
interest he has in the church and his real desire to find out which
church is the true church.  We then asked him if he would be baptized
when he comes to know the Book of Mormon is true.  He said, of course!
 So we are on the road to baptism with him as well.  He is doing great
and he emails me everyday and talks to me a bit about how he is doing.
He is such an awesome guy and he is excited to learn more.  I am so
excited to teach Rogers the Plan of Salvation this week and I am even
more excited to see him come to church.  I hope everything goes okay
with him and I hope that we can continue to meet through out the week.
School is starting back up this week so it is going to be a bit hard
to meet because he also has work.  However, with God anything is
possible.  All it takes is a little faith! :)
Narita is simply an amazing place.  I love being here and the members
are so nice and the people here are ready to receive the Gospel.  I
have a feeling that next transfer I might be training.  Mainly because
Elder Higashi is going home at the end of this transfer and because I
don't have a companion right now.  There is also 21 new Elders coming
into the field this transfer so the probability of me training is
pretty high.  At the end of this transfer will mark my 1 year mark of
being in Japan!  I can't believe how fast time has flown by!  It feels
just like yesterday I was getting off the plane and meeting president
Nagano at the airport!  Life is just so fast and crazy! But I love it!
:)
Thank you to everyone who sends me emails and shows their love and
support to me.  Even in the business of your everyday lives you spare
some time to email me,  your emails are very appreciated and they help
me a lot.  I hope you all will go and check out my blog this week.  My
mom recently uploaded my baptism pictures and other pictures that have
been taken within the past couple of weeks.  I hope you go look at
them and enjoy them.  I love you all so much and I love hearing from
you!  Take care and I will talk to you again next week! :)

Elder Unsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment