Monday, July 25, 2016

Days of Celebrations

July 25, 2016
Shou

This is Dun. He plays this way cool instrument. It sounds so cool and
he can play any song. I was not as good as him. Haha

This is the youth we hung out with.
 His name is Seinto.
This is the festival we went to by the college.
Way cool.


Elder Unsworth showing off his dancing skills.

I was not the best dancer but it sure was fun.


More fun by the college at the  festival.

This is our Catholic Vietnamese friend.
 His name is Duin.

This is the place we went to for pday.
It is an old Japanese town with

original houses.
There was a really pretty lake that goes through the road.

There are a lot of festivals that happen here during the summer.



















These were all made out of one piece of paper.
 That is so cool! 
wonder how they did it?




Hello wonderful friends and family. Another week zoomed by and I can't
believe I am already emailing again! I just want to jump right into
some of the high lights of this week. Actually before I start, I would
just like to mention that I think this week was our most effective
week of the transfer. We got a total of 30 lessons and a couple of new
investigators. We are on fire in Togane and I love it here so much! :)
Well, we got together with Takashi again and had lunch with him.  We
went to KFC and they had an all you can eat hour!  So we ate as much
chicken as we could and had a grand old time.  Sometimes you just need
to get out and have some fun with the members by going out to eat with
them or doing something with them.  They always enjoy that.  Then you
can share a simple message with them and they love it!  After KFC, we
went to the church again and had a lesson with Sho.  This is the
Japanese sho.  We taught the plan of salvation and at the end of the
lesson we invited him to be baptized in August.  After thinking about
it and talking about it with us he accepted the date!  Whoo hoo!!!!
We have another baptismal date!  I was so excited and happy.  He also
seemed happy and excited so it all worked out.  Sho is doing amazing.
He reads the Book of Mormon everyday and he prays.  The only problem
with him is his work.  He sometimes has to work on Sunday's and so he
can't come to church.  For example he can't come to church today
because he has work.  So that is a huge bummer.  But we are going to
see if he can get Sunday's off and maybe work on Saturdays or
something like that.  Because he said he really likes church and he
wants to keep coming. We also had a lesson with our man Dun.  We
taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and really focused on Baptism.  At
the end of our lesson we set a baptismal date with him for August
27th!  Woo hoo!  Two baptismal dates in one week.  Hopefully we can
keep the streak up and keep setting them.  Our investigators are doing
great and they are really putting forth their faith to follow Jesus
Christ.  Dun is doing great and I love him so much.  He is like my
best friend.  :) Two baptismal dates in one week!  That is such a huge
miracle. I hope we can keep working hard and I hope people will keep
excepting the gospel. Togane is doing great and I am excited for next
transfer. Actually next week is transfer calls so I will find out if I
am staying or not. I am about 90% sure that I will be staying, but
there is still that 10% of me that thinks I might be leaving. I guess
we will see!  I hope I can keep teaching dun and sho! :)
Saturday was full of parties.  We did Eikaiwa in the morning and that
was fun and hilarious.  So many funny things happened there.  Let's
just say that one of our students uses weird words all the time and
today was specifically hilarious!  I love Watanabe San so much.  But
after that we went to Chiba for a matsuri.  We went with Dun and he
said he had a way fun time.  At the party we ate food, danced, watched
kids hit things with bats, and then played bingo.  It was so much fun
being there with Dun and it was great to be in a spiritual atmosphere
with so many awesome members and have an investigator with you.  Dun
loved it and said he would like to do it again.  That is all that
matters for me.  I am happy he had a fun time.  We then went back home
and did our study and then headed out to another matsuri in Gumiyo.
They were having a festival near the college so we knew there would be
a lot of college students there.  We went there and saw three of our
investigators!  We talked with them and taught them and it was all
great!  It was a cool miracle that we saw so many people that we knew
there and that they were happy and excited to see us too.  We then did
some finding there and found two new investigators!  There were
miracles happening left and right at the matsuri.  It was a way fun
night and it was very successful.  We talked with so many people and
they seemed more willing to talk with us because we were at a
community festival.  It was very effective for missionary work and the
best part is there is another matsuri on Sunday near our apartment.
We won't be buying anything there, but we will be talking with people!
 I am so excited for Togane, it is on fire right now and doing
amazing.  I love it here so much!
Oh and also, I am not sick anymore!!!  So thank you all for your
wonderful prayers and love. I feel so much better now and I feel like
a new man. I am loving the work here in Japan. It is definitely
getting hotter and definitely getting more fun. There are just so many
people to talk to and we are teaching so many lessons. I am loving it!
 There isn't anywhere else I would want to be right now then right
here. I love Togane and I hope I can stay here for another transfer.
Thank you again for everything you do for me. I have so much more I
wish I could talk about but time is so limited when emailing. Today I
actually went to a historic site in Japan. It is a small town that
still looks like the older days and most of the buildings are
original. It was very beautiful and had a lot of cool nature things
and shrines. If you have a moment, go check out my blog and look at
the wonderful pictures on there. Thank you again for everything and I
will talk to you all again next week! I love you!!! :)

Elder Unsworth


No comments:

Post a Comment