Monday, August 8, 2016

 Goodbye Togane, Hello Mito

August 8, 2016
Goodby Inoue and Takatori family goodbye party for me.

Inoue family

Takatori family.
He is the bishop.

Wakaumi family.

This is Lin and his girlfriend.
 Saying goodbye to him.

Saying goodbye to Takashi and Dun.

Saying goodbye to Dun.

Saying goodbye to Takashi.
He is a member I worked with a lot.
I love 
him so much!

Elder Law and I in front of our apartment!

Good bye Elder Law and my apartment!



Saying goodbye to Sho.
 He is the one I found on the train.
He was way 
happy to see me! :)

Saying goodbye again to Takashi. :)

One last goodbye to Elder Law.

New companionship!!!
Elder 
Ishikawa  , Elder King, Elder Unsworth


Hello everyone and boy do I have some fun news for you all!  Well as
you know I was transferred from my wonderful area Togane and was moved
to Mito.  Since I have been in Mito I have loved it.  We have had many
festivals here and we have taught many lessons and just had a
wonderful time.  Also being in a trio is so much fun.  Elder King is
great and Elder Ishikawa is as well.  I love being with these three
amazing missionaries.  However this morning as we were doing some of
our studying we got a call from the Assistants and the asked to speak
with me.  I am now being transferred to another Area in the mission.
It is called Narita and it is the place where the international
airport is.  An Elder has to go home because of health problems so
they had to split up the trio and send me to the new area.  I knew
that this was going to happen sometime during this transfer because
missionaries get switched around all the time, however, I didn't think
it would be me and I didn't think it was going to be this early in the
transfer.  Well with this all being said, I am sad to be leaving Mito
but I am excited to continue my work in Narita!  It is a great area
and we are going to see so many miracles.  My new companion Elder
Porter, just moved to the area about two weeks ago so we are pretty
much white washing the area.  So this is going to be fun!  I can't
wait to get there and get to work!
I also have one more great news!  So I don't know if you remember him
but this man's name is Tatsuya.  He was an investigator I found when I
was in Matsudo.  I was sad to be leaving him because he was such a
great a friend.  I loved that man so much.  Well when I came back to
Matsudo zone I was excited to see him again some day.  Well to make
things even better, he is deciding to be baptized this Saturday!  I
get to see a baptism on my mission!!!!  I am so excited and I am
overly excited for how this is going to change his life and the life
of many other people.  The best part of this is how special Tatsuya is
to me.  I am the one who found him and opened my mouth to talk to him.
I am the one who taught him when he was brand new and I am the one who
helped him along when he didn't understand things.  And now I am the
one who is the happiest man on this earth.  The best part is none of
this has to do with me.  This is all about Tatsuya and the steps he is
deciding to take in his life.  He is going to be an amazing member of
this church.  I am so happy to see my work actually pay off and see
someone that I taught be baptized.  I can't explain how happy I am
right now, but I am overly excited for Tatsuya and I can't wait to see
him again this Saturday! :)
One day I would like to talk about that I thought was pretty cool was
Sunday.  We had a wonderful church meeting and we had two
investigators come to church.  One of them came so that he could talk
with the bishop about how he can get off of Tabaco.  He really wants
to turn his life around.  He is doing great but there are still a
couple of things we need to work on with him.  Today during sacrament
meeting the three new missionaries got up and bore their testimonies.
I liked doing it, it was fun and filled with the Spirit.  Afterwards
we had wonderful church meetings.  I went out with a counselor of the
Bishopric and we went housing together!  It was so much fun.  They are
trying to get the new English Program up and going at the church so
they are going around with the missionaries to houses around the
church looking for kids who are interested.  It was great and it was
also really easy because he is Japanese so he knows exactly what to
say! Haha We talked to a couple people and it was great.  We then had
a lesson with an investigator named Yuya.  He is deaf and we had to
write everything down so that he could understand what we were talking
about.  It was so much fun and he is so nice.  He has a lot of
interest in the church and he accepted the restoration pretty well.
We talked about baptism with him and he accepted it.  He asked how
long it will take for him to be baptized and we told him about 3 weeks
to a month.  He seemed really excited and he sounded like he really
wanted to be baptized!  We told him he needs to start coming to church
and he said he will try to come every week.  It was a way cool
miracle.  He is going to be great.  What makes this even better is
later that night we went and visited a family.  I remembered the
families face.  I saw them when I was in Matsudo for Stake Conference.
Well I asked them if they knew how to do sign language and they said
yes!  We now have people who can help our investigator understand
church!  I was so happy.  This Ward is amazing and I can sense there
is a lot of good things waiting to come to past in this area.
Not too much else to talk about because of the transfer plan.  I need
to go pack some more and get my bags shipped off so I am going to
close this weekly email here.  But this week in Mito we had so many
cool festivals.  We had a firework festival that shot fireworks in the
air for over an hour!  The finale was amazing and the sky was so
bright!  I loved seeing the shows.  Then they had a huge festival
where the closed down the Main Street in the city and had a parade
going down it the whole day and people were dancing and doing fun
things all day long.  At the end of the day they did the city dance
and everyone did it. I of course participated and it was so much fun!
I love Mito and I am so grateful that I was able to come here for this
week.  it was so much fun and there were a lot of cool things that
happened.  I loved finding new investigators and also teaching people.
I have seen a change in Mito and it has only been a week.  I will miss
this place.
But I want you all to know that I love you and that I love hearing
from you!  Thank you for your prayers and your love.  I hope you have
an amazing week and always remember how much the Savior loves you and
blesses you each day.  I can't wait to tell you about my new area next
week! I love you all and I will talk to you later!  Love You!!!!!

Elder Unsworth


No comments:

Post a Comment