Sunday, May 22, 2016

 A Stressful Week

May 22, 2016
Zone pday.  I got that shirt from a member.  It is pretty cool!  It is
from Star Wars! :). I like Elder Lins too! Haha
But today was way fun and I loved being with my zone.  They are a hoot
and we played so many fun games.  Volleyball, and capture the flag was
way fun.  We also dipped our feet in the ocean and saw a couple jelly
fish.  That was fun! :)



This is Elder Miller.  He is one of the Assistants in our mission and
he is my grandpa!  It is always fun seeing him and talking with him.
Maybe one day I can fill his shoes and be a trainer, district leader,
zone leader or assistant!  He is an amazing missionary and I love him
so much.  He is going home soon, so I will miss him.  But he is
amazing and I thought I would take a picture with him before he goes
home!  He also loves Disney so we are like brothers! :)


I have made a mistake with the name of my blog.  It is
nicsmission.blogspot.com  I hope you take some time and go check out
some of the cool pictures I have been sending home.  And of course,
always send me pictures!  I love seeing all of you and seeing all the
fun things you are doing! :)
Well when it comes to this week there have been a lot of fun things
that I have done.  From teaching many lessons in a day, to walking
around the streets all day, it has been an amazing week.  The thing I
have learned a lot this week is that the Lord will bless you to see
success.  During the day, it was not unnatural for a lesson to cancel
on us.  We would get a phone call or a text message saying that the
person can't meet us.  Well, we made that time for a lesson, so we
used that time for a lesson.  We would go visit other investigators
and have small powerful lessons with them.  It seems like they needed
us to come over.  Because we would get there and they would be a bit
sad or at least not smiling and then by the time we would leave, they
would be happy and asking us when we can come again.  Sometimes the
Lord blesses us in mysterious ways that we don't understand at first,
but by the end, we find out why.  I have loved all the visits I have
had with my investigators this week.  They are all doing amazing and
one of them is getting closer and closer to baptism.  We are doing
some pretty big lessons this week so pray that everything will go
alright and that he will continue to show his faith in Jesus Christ.
I know that as we rely on Jesus Christ and show him our faith
, he can work miracles.
Another thing I have loved a lot about this week is the zone meetings
and conferences I have had.  Usually you have one one week and then
another another week.  But this transfer they both lined up on the
same week.  It was such a cool experience to be spiritually recharged
twice in a week.  Meeting with some of the best missionaries in the
whole world and learning from each other is such a privilege.  The
missionaries here work so hard and they have taught me how to become a
better missionary.  I even had a great opportunity to give a small
training at one of these meetings.  I did it simply on testimonies and
how a testimony has changed my life.  The spirit was so strong in that
training and it bore witness to me that the things I was talking about
were true.  That if we share our testimonies with others, it can
change their lives.  I know that this is true and I know that this is
what I am here to do.  I love this work, I love sharing my testimony,
and I love the feelings I get from doing so.  I am so blessed to be in
the Japan Tokyo mission and serving under the direction of President
Nagano.  He is such an amazing Mission President.  At zone conference
I learned a lot about how we can use the spirit in our lives and how
he can help us become better people.  How we can receive revelation
from God through the Spirit and how he can answer any of our questions
that we might have.  I loved this training so much and it strengthened
my testimony of the Spirit and how much he helps us every day.  I
think the most important way of inviting the spirit to be with us is
by reading the scriptures, praying, going to church, and partaking of
the sacrament.  It is that simple and if you do those things, your
life will be changed.  I love this Gospel and I love the Holy Ghost.
He is my friend and my companion in this work.  I couldn't do anything
without him.
Life in Japan is going along well.  It is getting a bit hot here but I
don't mind it too much.  A small breeze though goes a long way! Haha.
I love working with the members here and they have been so helpful to
me.  I can feel their love and sense how much the missionaries mean to
them.  It is a special relationship that I make with them that will
last for a life time.  I love these people with all my heart.  They
have become my new friends and family.  I would do anything for them.
I hope all is going well back home with everyone.  It sounds like the
school year is to an end and that things are about to change.  Just go
out and enjoy the summer and have fun!  It sounds like everyone has
something fun planned for the summer vacation, and if you don't, go
plan something!  Take some time off and go enjoy yourself! :) I love
you all so much and I love hearing from you.  I hope to hear from you
again soon and also receive some pictures!  I love those so much! :)
Take care and talk to you all again next week.  Oh by the way, next
week is temple pday so I will be writing on a different day.  I think
you all know the drill now...  Anyways, talk to you again next week!
:) Don't forget to read the scriptures, pray, and go to church!!!  It
is our GPS from God and it is the way that we can get back to him.  So
G(Go to church) P(Pray) S(Scripture Study),  Don't forget to do those
things this week!   It will bless your life more than anything, I can
promise you that! :)
Love you!!!! :)

Elder Unsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment