Monday, May 30, 2016

Happy Memorial Day, AMERICA

May 30, 2016
Sports day with the Itokazu family.
This is the school!
Running Races!
Tug of war
This was a cool game like chicken. You would get on top of three
people and then fight other kids. You won by stealing their hats. It
looks way fun!

This is the Oishi family!

Temple Day

Wahoo, temple P-day!  My favorite!!!

Museum

Tiny OldTown
An old Edo bridge
Hello, Hello, Can I call Utah?
This is the way people would carry people around in the Edo period of
Japan. This museum is called the Edo museum. It focuses on the Edo
period of the Japanese history. That is like when they had emperors
and samurai sword and that stuff. So this is like a taxi for famous
people. 
How they use to carry water. I was too tall for it!
Elder Unsworth the water boy!
The Strong Man!
So I don't know why, but back in the Edo period, men would run around
with these. It would tell people that there was a fire.
 I guess 
it told people to go help or something.
Carrying food!
 One hungry missionary!
. These things actually are pretty heavy! 
A stage! I am home!!!
Hey dad, look at this car.
It reminds me of the GL.
Silly Elders
Everyone ready!!
This is the picture where we had tons of people taking our picture.
We 
have starting left to right:
 Elder Ito,Elder Purba, Elder Lin, me, Elder Sharon, and 
Elder Jackson.
It was so much fun being at the museum with them! :).

Best picture ever!!!
Bike man.
This is Elder Jackson and I.
 We had so many school kids

around us taking photos.
Another funny picture!
Wow, what a cool bike!
Do I look regal? 
A big boy trike!
Elder Lin, our new mode of transportation!
One last group picture around a car.
 This day was an amazing day with 
these elders.
 I wish I could hang out with them more often.
 I think 
this car makes us look like we belong in the 50's.
We could be the mafia! 

Weekly Letter


I can not believe how fast the time goes sometimes.  Hello family and
friends!  This week seems like it just flew right on by.  It feels
literally just like yesterday I was typing away an email for all of
you.  I would like to thank you all for your prayers and love for my
investigators.  They are doing amazing.  My top investigator right now
is Ishino.  He is doing great and he might be baptized this week or
the next.  There is just a couple things we have to get cleared up
before we can baptize him, but it is defiantly going to happen
sometime soon.  So please continue to pray for him and send some love
his way.  Our next investigator is Fang and he is also doing really
well.  He is following all the commandments and he says he is coming
to church this week.  We tried to set up a baptismal date with him but
it still seems a bit scary to him.  I think we need to try and invite
him to more church activities so that he can feel the love from the
members and realize that this church isn't that scary.  I think he
just needs to build some friendships in the Ward.  We are having a
party in the next two weeks, so we are going to invite him to come to
that and hopefully that will get something going.  But I have a good
feeling about him and I think he will be baptized sometime in the near
future.  We then also have a man named Ogawa.  He is going really well
and he loves the church and the Gospel.  But he is just way busy so we
can only meet on Sunday's.  So things are going slow with him, but he
is doing amazing!  He has so much interest in the church and he is
plowing through the Book of Mormon.  So everything in Togane is going
very well.  We have many other investigators we are meeting with and
teaching and I am so grateful for them.  To top things off we also
found a new investigator!!!  It was a way cool miracle!  Here I will
tell you about it.
So we were going to visit a members house and they live up in a place
called Toke.  Well to get to Toke, you have to travel up this
mountain.   Having cars zip by you and going up hill on a bike is not
fun.  But we do it pretty often so I think we are kind of use to it.
But every time I get to the top, I am dead tired and sweaty!  Well we
got to the top and we had the impression to go to the train station
and talk to people there. Elder Lin then had us go a different way
then we usually went.  This was actually our first time on that side
of the Station.  I wondered why we were there and there was literally
two people there.  One was a girl and we aren't suppose to talk to
them, and the other was a boy.  So we went and talked with the boy.
After talking to him and introducing who we were, we found out that he
has interest in Jesus Christ and that he wants to learn more!  We then
showed him the Book of Mormon and explained it to him.  We gave it to
him and set up another day for us to meet.  The crazy thing about this
miracle was he said he lived in Togane, he knows where the church
lives and lives pretty close to it, and he gave us his phone number!
It was such a cool miracle and I am so exited to meet with him again
and teach him!  I think he is coming to church next Sunday so please
pray that he will come!  Miracles are everywhere I tell you, you just
have to look! :)
Sorry, I don't have too much time left to write emails so I just want
you to know that I am doing well.  We had lots of lessons this week
and we saw lots of miracles.   We go to bed dead tired and somehow we
wake up with energy to go and do the work all day long everyday!  I
love this work so much  and I know that I am being blessed everyday.
I am so blessed to have amazing friends and family.  You all mean so
much to me and I love hearing from you.  But this week we went to a
museum and I have to tell you a funny story real quick before I get
off! Today was temple pday and after the temple I hung out with some
elders and we went and had the time of our life.  We were deciding to
go to a museum or a zoo.  I didn't really want to go to the zoo
because it was outside, we were in our suits, and it was really hot.
So we went to the museum.  We got there and at first it was like a
museum.  We walked around took pictures.  But then we started finding
things you can touch and play with.  We had so much fun with that.  We
were on these bicycles.  Just imagine these six foreigners playing on
these bikes and then having some high school student take a picture
for us.  Well the part that surprised us was when the kid was getting
ready to take the picture the whole high school group came over and
took our pictures.  There was no doubt like twenty to thirty people
taking our pictures.  Even some adults were taking our pictures.  It
was so funny!  We then went around and posed on more things and had
lots of fun, and the group of people followed us and continued to take
our pictures.  We called ourselves the Men in Suits.  Haha I bet we
looked was funny for everyone.  But it was way fun and it was a blast.
I wish every pday could be like that.  We had more fun then anyone
probably ever has had in a museum.  I loved today so much!
Wherever I go and what ever I do, I always look for a way to enjoy the
work.  Sometimes, you have to sit back and have some fun in life.  I
am loving the work here in Togane because I am finding opportunities
to share the Gospel but also have fun while doing it.  I love spending
time with other missionaries and also spending time with my companion.
We always have an adventure every day and we always are laughing at
each other or at something funny that happens between us.  I think the
success of a happy missionary and one who can have fun is really high.
I think Elder Lin and I are seeing success because we are happy and
enjoying the work.  I love working with him and I love being a
missionary.  The work is amazing! :)
Well it is time for me to get off now, so I will say goodbye.  I love
you all and I hope you have an amazing week.  I hope those of you who
are now on summer vacation have a fun time!  Don't forget to send me
pictures!!!  Check out my blog to see the pictures I took today at the
museum and also through out the week.  They are pretty awesome! :). I
love you all and I will talk to you again next week.  See you!
Love you!!! :)

Elder Unsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment