Monday, May 2, 2016

Missionaries vs. the Hill

May 2, 2016


This is a killer hill!

I beat them all to the top!!!
Come on guys, you can make it!!!!

One happy missionary!

 SPORTS DAY!


Sports day with members.

This is the fish line game.
 You had to grab it off with your teeth.

It was really fun!  I got first! 

Mr. Champion!

Elder Gibson working hard!

Elder Calhoun failing. 
It took him forever to get it!





Meet the Noda family


This is the Noda family.
 The guy with the hat is the friend who might

have interest in the church. 
Really nice family, I loved being there!

:)

Peace from Togane!


Can you believe it is already May?  I can't!  It feels like April just

started last week.  I am loving it so much here that the time is just
flying by.  Next week is transfer calls and I am pretty nervous about
what is going to happen.  I am also way excited to see what happens,
it is going to be a fun P-day next week! :)
So let's see, what is something special that happened this week.  We
had a couple of cool things happen this week. We visited a lot of
members, had an amazing district meeting, had spectacular lessons, had
a way fun sports day, and confirmed someone a member of the church.
So I guess I will talk a little about each one of these things!
Members in Togane are amazing.  They love the missionaries and they
will help us with anything.  In fact, Sunday we had a dinner
appointment with a member and they invited a friend over.  We talked
with her son and he is way cool.  We became really good friends and
then started inviting him to come to things.  He says he wants to come
to basketball, play ping pong with us, and just hung out with us.  He
told us we are really cool people and he might even have some interest
in the church.   This was music to our ears.  We are so excited to
meet with this man and build up our relationship even more.  I love
the members of this Ward, they give us amazing referrals! :)
The district meeting we had was really good.  I had a training on
Christ like attributes and I think it went really well.  I think when
it comes down to training, it is way more beneficial for the person
giving then the people receiving it.  Because the person has to do all
the research and they have to put forth the effort to make the
training good. Also every time I give a training I feel the spirit so
much.  I feel and know that this church is true and that our Savior
Jesus Christ loves us.  I got to spend 15 minutes talking about the
Savior and how we can become like him.  I testified of him and I
talked about what he did.  The sprit was just so strong and there was
nothing like it.  I love feeling the spirit and I know that we all can
feel it when we share our testimonies of the Savior with others.
Our lessons this week went really well.  We taught people who Joseph
Smith was and why he is important.  We showed the restoration video
and taught about baptism.  It was a good week for teaching.  We had
one baptismal date with an investigator.  He wanted to get baptized as
soon as possible, but when he told his parents about it there were
against it.  So he had to drop us.  That was probably the bummer of
this week.  But that is okay because we found many new investigators
and we are really excited to begin teaching them.  I love teaching
lessons though because it is the time when you tell people about
something they have never heard before.  You make them think about new
things that can change their life and you let them feel the Holy
Ghost.  It is an amazing experience and I love doing it! :)
Sports day was a day where we played sports all day long.  It was so
much fun.  I haven't had that much exercise in a long time.  I got to
talk with a lot of friends, missionaries, members, investigators, and
everyone else under the sun.  Speaking about the sun, everyone forgot
to wear sun screen.  Some people looked like lobsters and now when
they take their sunglasses off, they look like raccoons!  My companion
included! Haha it was a really fun day!  I loved being under the sun
and enjoying the wonderful warm weather.
The cool part of this week was being able to confirm someone into the
church.  I didn't get to do it, it was Elder Lin.  We actually were in
another persons area because the confirmation had to be done in
Chinese because the member was Chinese.  Well it was still fun going
to a confirmation meeting and feeling the spirit in the room.  I loved
being there.  I have been in a lot of lessons that are Chinese but
hearing a blessing in Chinese is pretty cool.  Especially because I
can now pick out a couple of words.  I don't think I will learn how to
speak Chinese on my mission, but I am defiantly starting to understand
it a bit.  It is crazy!  There are so many cool miracles and blessings
from serving a mission! :)
This week was a really good week.  I feel like we spent all our time
effectively and we helped a lot of people.  We found new people to
teach and I feel like we are finally getting new investigators.  I
know that everyone we talk to will not become an investigator, but we
are starting to see some improvements in old Togane.  I love this
mission so much and I love serving the people around me.  I am so
blessed to be in Japan where the people are so nice and they show so
much love to me.  I love it here.  I am also blessed to have an
amazing family who loves and supports me.  I love them so much and I
love my friends too.  You all are amazing and I love hearing from you.
I am excited to kill this next week in Togane.  I am going to work
hard and make this last week of this transfer worth it!  I love the
work and I love seeing the blessings that come from it.  I love you
all too! :)
Well that's it for this week.  I hope you all are doing well and that
you are enjoying life.  For those of you in school there is only four
more weeks left!  That is so crazy!  I feel like I am still in high
school sometimes.  It feels just like yesterday I was walking down the
halls of Hunter High, or performing on the stage, or wearing my
graduation robe.  I miss high school so much, but I know that it will
always be a special memory in my heart.  My mission is my new memory
and I am currently living it, so make it last right?  I love it here!
:)
I love you all and I will talk to you again next week!  Till then,

Elder Unsworth


No comments:

Post a Comment