Monday, May 16, 2016



Miracles in Togane

May 16, 2016
We had dinner with the Tauras family.
What a wonderful family.
Pants we bought.
 They are so comfortable.
This guy showed us some magic.
It was really fun.
He is our English student.


Good-bye to wonderful roommates. 

Good-bye to Elder Munro

Good-bye to Elder Gibson

This was the tram we came in on.
It's a monorail and you dangle from

the rail way cool!!!  But not the fastest!

 Zoo P-Day

I am so excited to FINALLY be going to the zoo!








We couldn't find an elephant to lift me up, but we found these animals
we could touch!!! Haha.
 I was going to ride it and have Elder Lin take
a picture of me! :)


Maybe I can teach these "kids" the gospel!

Alright, lesson number one....
I don't think they are listening!


I found something to ride!!!










Just one of the family!  I loved the red pandas.
Elder Lin's impersonation of a red panda.
Isn't he cute! 










Elder Apeman.
Awe! I finally found an elephant!


Glad I am not their companion.
These two were having a great fight.









Hello family and friends!!! 
 Man things in Togane are going along
amazingly!  I love it down here so much and I love seeing the miracles
all around me.  This week I have been working really hard and I think
we have been getting an average of about two lessons a day.  Some days
this week we had three lessons in a day!  The Lord really is blessing
us for our hard work and it is starting to pay off.  I would like to
share one experience of an amazing miracle I saw this week.
Thursday was our miracle day.  So, the Chiba zone is doing a 40 day
fast.  Thursday was our day to do the fasting.  Everyday someone fasts
until the 40 days are up.  We thought it would be easy because it was
weekly planning day, so we would be inside for most of the fasting.
Well that made it kind of hard because of all the food around us.
Haha. But we did our study and then did our weekly planning.  It was
really good and we were able to make some good goals and talk about
all the needs of our investigators and our new investigators.  Well
during weekly planning a thought came into our minds that said, "we
need a baptism". Elder Lin and I thought for a bit about who could be
our next baptism and we came up with Ishino.  He was progressing very
well and he loved the lessons.  We tried to set a baptismal date with
him during our second lesson with him but he was kind of against it.
He wanted to learn more before he could accept.  Well we thought that
now was the time.  So we thought about a date and we came up with May
29th.  We went to his lesson and taught about baptism and receiving
the gift of the Holy Ghost.  We extended the baptismal invitation and
he accepted it!  He said he thinks he is ready for baptism and that he
wants to follow Jesus Christ!  Brother Oowana was also there and he
helped clarify some things and got him pumped and ready for baptism.
It was an amazing experience.  The spirit was so strong and the lesson
went great.  Another cool thing about his lesson was we talked a bit
about his wife.  We asked him if she had any interest and he told us
he wants her to learn as well.  He said he might bring her to church
this week and have her sit in on some of our lessons!  It was a way
cool miracle.  The power of fasting is real and because of it, we are
going to see a baptism this transfer!  I am so excited for Brother
Ishino and all the wonderful faith he is giving to the Savior! :).
After that lesson we were so pumped we went home and got ready for our
next lesson.  This lesson was with an investigator that has been an
investigator for about 10 months but has never been to church.  He
keeps the commandments and he prays every night but he wouldn't come
to church for some reason.  We had a lesson with him and out of no
where he said, "I think I want to go to church now". Elder Lin and I
looked at each other and we had the biggest smiles on our faces!  We
were shocked that Fang said that and that he was willing to come to
church finally.  We left the lesson feeling amazing and full off the
Spirit.  The power of fasting really is powerful and it will help you
with anything, especially your investigators.  We then had one more
lesson planned with an investigator that night.  It was for a Family
Home Evening lesson.  He was actually the only one who showed up so we
played some ping pong with him and then was getting ready for our
lesson when he said he had to go because his neighbor needed help with
something.  We asked if we could share a quick message with him but he
denied it and went home.  That was a bit of a bummer because we were
going to talk a bit about baptism but it is okay. We can have it
another day! :)  I just still can't believe how many cool miracles we
saw that day.  My testimony of fasting has increased so much, I know
now that it works and that it is for the benefit of other people.  I
have come to notice that when I try to serve other people, or pray for
other people and forget about myself, that is when the Lord blesses
me.  That is when I see miracles and when the lives of others are
changed but at the same time, my own life is changed.
I am loving the time in Togane so much!   I am starting to see the
work pay off and I am starting to see miracles happen.  Ever since
that day, Elder Lin and I have been pushing to have lessons with our
investigators and all of our lessons so far have been really good.  We
are getting about three lessons every other day and in between that
about two lessons a day.  The Lord defiantly had a hand in this
progress, there is no way that we could go from one lesson every other
day to two lessons every day!  I love it.  I know that He lives and
that he loves us.  That is the message that I am here to share.  I
know that Jesus Christ lives and that he loves and blesses us.  He is
our Savior and Redeemer and our best friend.  I love him and he means
everything to me.  I love this church from the bottom of my heart and
I know that it is the only true church on this earth today.  It is His
church, it is the Church of Jesus Christ.  I love sharing that message
with everyone around me and I love seeing the Spirit touch their
lives.  This Gospel is amazing and it changes lives, it has changed
mine.
I am looking forward to this transfer and seeing all the wonderful
miracles in store.  This church is a church of miracles.  I love this
church so much.
I love you all and I love hearing from you.  Don't forget to visit my
blog at http://nicsmission.blogspot.com !  It has my weekly email on
it but it also has some fun pictures as well!  I hope you take some
time to go and look at it! :)
I hope you have a wonderful week and for those of you who are
finishing up school, work hard, enjoy it, and look forward to an
amazing summer!  For those of you who still have to work, find some
time for a vacation and go have some fun! :)
I love you all and hope to hear from you soon! :)  Take care  and talk


No comments:

Post a Comment