Monday, December 28, 2015







 What a wonderful Christmas!

December 28, 2015


One happy missionary doing service


Service is so fun!  I love the Japanese people!



1000 Cranes all hooked together.

Christmas morning!

Even in Japan I am spoiled.  Thank you to everyone who gave me something for Christmas.  I love it all.

Meet Elder King.  Welcome to Kasukabe!
Our best Christmas present!  What a great family I have!!!
 I love them all.
Wow what a week and a half it has been!  So much has happened, it is
crazy! First off, the reason I am emailing so late in the week is
because we had temple P-Day on Tuesday but we couldn't go to it
because we got a new companion!  His name is Elder King and he is from
Australia.  He is awesome and I love him!  He went home early from his
mission a couple of months ago for some reasons, I don't know exactly
why. But he is back and we are now in a three some. It is so much fun.
He has an accent and everything. It is awesome. He is really fun to
talk to and get to know. He is pretty much as tall as elder Calhoun so
that means I am still short next to them. Haha. We have only been with
each other for one day so I don't really know him too well.   I know
that he loves sports, specifically basketball. Besides that I don't
know too much. I will get to know him this week. But one funny thing
that has happened so far is last night he was sleep walking.  We were
getting ready for bed and the lights were out, but he stood up out of
his bed and was trying to open a sliding door by pushing on it and it
wasn't working and then he was mumbling a bunch of weird words.  He
likes to sleep talk....  A lot...  Oh well, it is funny and it didn't
bother me too much last night.  He is a really great guy and I look
forward to working with him.
My favorite thing that happened this week was Christmas!  I have been
looking forward to talking with my family for ever!  Finally, the day
came and it was everything that I wish it would be like.  We talked,
goofed around, laughed, and shared stories with each other.  It was a
very special day for me and I loved it so much! It made my heart so
happy seeing them and talking with them.  They are amazing and I am so
lucky to have such an amazing family.  I cant wait to see them again,
they mean so much to me and they make me so happy.  I love how much
love and support they give me.  It makes me want to work harder and be
a better Missionary.  I love my family so much.
This week we have had a couple of lessons with members and
investigators.  Everyone seems to be progressing really well.  We are
trying to get our members to the temple and all of them but one have
gone now.  So we are now working and focusing on the member who has
not been yet.  I am sure he will go to the temple pretty soon!  Our
investigators are doing okay.  We met with two of them.  Len is doing
really well.  He loves the church and he loves learning about it, but
he has no time to be taught or read the Book of Mormon.  He has school
and this is his final month/weeks.  He is doing research and it is
literally taking up all his time.  He said in two weeks time though he
will start reading the book of Mormon again and take lessons from us.
We are helping him by sending him a Facebook message every day that
has a scripture on it.  He has to check his phone! haha  We then also
met with a new investigator named Tyler.  He is a college student as
well and he loves talking with us.  We went bowling and it was way
fun!  I am not that good at bowling but bowling with Japanese people.
But we talked about the Book of Mormon and a bit about the
Restoration.  He says the Book of Mormon is hard to read but that he
will keep trying to read it.  He is a great guy and I am looking
forward to meeting them again.
I am loving Japan so much!  I have felt so much love from the people
of Japan.  Now I have people coming up to me to talk to them.  It is
so cool!  Today I talked to my hair cut guy about the church.  He was
talking about lots of other churches and he then asked me questions
about mine.  Now I didn't understand him perfectly but I understood him
enough to be able to reply back to his sentence and then hopefully
push the conversation forward.  It is amazing how the gift of Tongues
work.  We have talked to a lot of potential investigators.  Hopefully
we can meet with some of them this week.
I am looking forward to the next two days.  It is  dangerous days in
Japan so they tell the missionaries to stay inside.  So tomorrow we
are doing a deep clean and relaxing in our apartment and then the next
day is Book of Mormon reading day!  Hopefully, I can get pretty far in
it.  Elder Calhoun says he wants to sleep a lot that day but I want to
see how far I can get in the Book of Mormon.  I am not too sure what
Elder King is going to do.  We will probably read for a long time and
then get bored and start talking to each other or something fun like
that!
Well this week has been awesome!  I am looking forward to this next
week.  Next week I am getting my transfer call so I will let you all
know where I am going.  I am pretty sure that I am leaving Kasukabe.
I have been here for awhile and now that Elder King is here, I think
that he is staying with Elder Calhoun.  Who knows!  Maybe Ill stay! :)
Well I love you all and I love hearing from  you!  Take care and let
me know how you all are doing.  Don't forget to check out the blog page
to see my photos!  I took some awesome photos this week! :)
Take care and Happy New Years! :)

Elder Unsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment