Monday, December 21, 2015


Getting into the Christmas Spirit

December 21, 2015




Here comes Santa Claus!
Merry Christmas!  Ho Ho Ho

Have you been a good little boy this year?
Saint (Elder) Nicholas 
Love the ward members in  Kasukabe


Nic went caroling at an old folks home.  They  loved it except this lady.  She kept telling them to go home and then she would say some crazy Japanese afterwards.  He had no idea what she was saying but it was hilarious.  She would do way funny things to them.  She was a hoot!  They loved the elders singing though, it was really fun!
Saint Nicholas

Saint Elder Nicholas and Elder Calhoun
Merry Christmas to all from Japan!
Well how is everyone doing this fine Christmas week?  Can I just say I
am doing dandy!  I am loving this mission thing during the holidays.
We have had two Christmas parties this week and they were so much fun!
 The first one was a mission Christmas concert and they asked me if I
would sing in it. I said of course and they had me sing the song "Oh
Come Oh Come Emanuel" I think it went pretty good. It sounded good and
I had many missionaries come up to me and tell me that I did a good
job afterwards. I was a bit nervous when I sang the song but it was
really fun. I love the feelings I get when I sing. Especially when I
sing about the savior. There were many other songs and performances
that were performed during the concert and they all were great. I
loved listening to the Christmas music and feeling the spirit. I love
the spirit that I have felt on my mission, it is the best peaceful
calming feeling I have ever felt.
The next party was our Ward party. The Ward had the members invite all
their non member friends to the party. Usually about 120 people come
to church. At the party we had about 200 people!!!  It was awesome.
There were so many non member people there!  We taught some of them
about the church and they loved it. Hopefully we see some of those
people again in the future. They loved the church and they said they
loved the feelings they felt when they were at the party. Everyone had
a friend and everyone was talking with someone. It was great. Well at
the end of the party a special man came. SANTA CLAUSE!!!!  And guess
who got to be him.....  THIS GUY!!!!!!  I was so happy when they asked
me to be Santa. I played the part very well. Haha I walked in and all
the kids eyes glowed with happiness and they all ran to me. They
followed me where ever I went and all of them said, "Thats Elder
Unsworth"......  They are pretty smart kids. Well I guess I am like
the only guy in the Ward that is white....  Oh well, it was fun giving
them gifts and saying Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas. Everyone had a smile
on their face when I entered the room. It was great! :)  I loved that
party so much, the ward here is amazing.
I am looking forward to Christmas so much.  Christmas is my favorite
holiday and the best part about it is being with those who love and
care for you.  I am so excited to see my family this week and be able
to share some fun stories with them.  They are amazing and they have
helped and supported me so much on my mission.  I have no idea where I
would be without them.  Christmas is such a wonderful time of the
year!  Thank you all for your love and support that you show me.  I
wish I could write you all back every week but I just dont have time
for it.  Just know that you are in my prayers and that you mean a lot
to me.  Thank you for all your love and support.  I have the best
friends and family in the whole world.  I love you all and cant wait
to hear from you.  Let me know how your christmas went and what your
favorite part about christmas is!  Have a very Merry Christmas!!!!!!
I love you all! :)

Elder Unsworth


No comments:

Post a Comment