Monday, December 7, 2015


Sushi! My first time
December 7, 2015


I am so excited to try this, I think!

Wow! I am really loving this stuff called sushi!

Hello everyone and what a crazy week it has been. We have been working
really hard and it seems like it is starting to pay off. Really only
one person is paying off. So this week we had three of our lessons
fall through. It was really hard but we had one lesson that blew us
away.  We had an amazing lesson with Mori. Mori is a really good guy
and I love teaching him.  When we teach him, he is writing notes and
recording what is going on throughout the whole lesson.  He is
awesome!  Well, we got to the church and there was no sign of Mori.
He is never late, he is always on time and he is very dependable.
Well, our two members showed up to help with our lesson and yet there
was still no sign of Mori.  I then thought that we could teach one of
the members instead of Mori.  So I unlocked the church and we headed
upstairs.  When we got to the room where we were going to do the
lesson, Mori pocked his head out.  How did he get in the
church?!?!?!?!?!?!  It was locked and he said he had been there for
20-40 minutes!  Crazy right?  He then gave us some presents and told
us he could not be baptized because he likes coffee.  He went to the
primary program last week and one of the kids talked about how we
don't drink coffee.  He then told us he can not be baptized.  We have
barley talked about baptism, he must be thinking about it all the
time.  Because he has brought it up a couple times.  But we then sat
him down and had a lesson about the Word of Wisdom.  We explained why
we don't drink it and all the blessings that come from it.  It was an
amazing lesson.  The spirit was so strong and our members helped us a
lot!  Mori has some really hard Japanese and it is way hard to
understand!  So luckily Brother Matsunaga was there and he could
translate for us.  It was so helpful.  We then asked Mori why he drank
coffee and he said that he drinks it because he is diabetic.  We then
promised him that if he stopped drinking then he would have better
health.  It was a really good lesson.  We then taught him how to pray
and then asked him if he would pray about baptism, the Word of Wisdom
and the Book of Mormon.  He said he has been reading the Book of
Mormon and he knew that it was true.  He is a really cool guy.  He
knows the church is true and he knows why we have commandments.  At
the end of the lesson he said he would pray about the things we asked
him to pray about and then at the end of the lesson he said, "Well we
need to end so I will pray".  It was so cool to hear someones first
prayer ever.  He is so sincere and he is an amazing person.  His heart
was changed so much and I know that he is going to be an amazing
investigator.  He has progressed so much, he is amazing!  It was an
amazing lesson.  Even Brother Matsunaga said he was surprised with how
much he had changed.  It was such a testimony strengthener.
That lesson was so much fun and I can't wait to see where he goes!  I
know that if he feels the spirit he will be baptized!  Please keep him
in your prayers and please bless that he will be our Christmas
miracle. We have a lesson with him on Wednesday so wish us luck.  He
is an amazing guy and I love him so much!
Another good thing that happened was I had sushi for the first time
this week!  It was so good and I loved it!  Japanese sushi is so much
better than American sushi. The fish is a lot fresher and it taste
great with wasabi!  I had tuna belly, salmon, roast beef, duck, and a
California roll.  It was so good!  I am excited to go back! :)
Over all I think this week was amazing.  Yes we had some dropped
lessons but we had an amazing lesson that might lead to baptism.  This
week was amazing and I am looking forward to this next week.  We are
going to meet with a lot of investigators and  hopefully also find
some new investigators.  Needless to say, this next week is going to
be awesome!  Christmas in Japan is very different.  There is no snow
and there aren't Santa's on every corner.  But the stores play music,
houses are decorated with lights and the Christmas spirit, and there
is the spirit of Christmas about. I am so excited to share the true
meaning of Christmas with Japan.  We have a little bit so far and we
have seen some pretty cool miracles. I can tell that the people here
really love Christmas, probably just as much as I do! I love Christmas
and I cant wait for it to come!  It is going to be great!
I love you all and I always look forward to your emails.  I love
hearing from you and I hope you have been seeing my pictures on line.
I hope you all are having a great week and looking forward to the
Christmas season!  If you have time, shoot me a Christmas card! :)
You might get one in return! :)
I love you all and hope to hear from you soon.  Take care and here is
a message from Old Saint Nicholas, "Have a happy Holiday!" πŸŽπŸŽ…πŸΌπŸŽ„
πŸ˜ŠπŸ‡―πŸ‡΅

Elder Unsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment