Monday, December 14, 2015


Dinner with the Honda's

December 14, 2015
Meet the Honda family.  I love this family so much.  They took us to an Italian restaurant. 

Thumbs up for friendships.
I have no idea what I am looking at!
Thumbs up for the Honda family and their kindness!

If Italian food wasn't enough, we then went for sushi
Yum, Yum
Top it off with ice cream!!! My favorite!
 
Such a wonderful family
 
The Honda's! My Japanese family.
 I love this family so much!!
Thank you for a wonderful evening!
This week has been an amazing week as a missionary!  I got to do some
things that I have been looking forward to!
Saturday was probably my favorite day of my mission so far.  I have
been looking forward to this day ever since I received my call.  Last
year I came to Japan as a foreign exchange student.   I stayed with
the Honda family which lives in Yuzawa.  That is in Niigata.  Well
about a month ago they contacted me on Facebook and said they wanted
to come see me!  I was so happy!  They told me that they wanted to
come down to where I was and have dinner with me.  I was so excited.
I have been wanting to share the Gospel with them ever since I met
them!  Well that day came and it was amazing!  We met and the Mother,
Father, and three sisters came!  I was so happy to see them, and they
were likewise happy to see me.  We went and had dinner and the whole
time all we could talk about was the church.  I thought that they
would want to talk about other things but they were actually really
interested in the church.  It was great!  I could talk to them and
build our relationship up even more and at the same time share the
gospel with them.  Sadly we couldn't teach them the restoration lesson
because it was so noisy and there really wasn't a place we could go to
do it, so we taught them principles about our church and who Christ
is.  They loved it, they kept asking questions right and left.  I was
so happy to see them, it made me even more happy to know that I was
sharing the Gospel with someone who means so much to me.  One of their
daughters had probably the most interest in the church than any of
them.  She would ask us really good questions about the church.  Well,
when it came time for us to leave I had one last thing that I wanted
to do.  That whole day I carried around three Books of Mormon in my
bag.  Mainly because only three would fit in my bag, but I carried
them around all day and it weighed me down a lot.  It was so heavy.
But it was a constant reminder to me that I wanted to give them to the
Honda family.  Well when I was getting ready to leave I pulled out a
Book of Mormon and told them that I wanted to share it with them.
"The Book of Mormon is why I came on my mission and it makes me so
happy, so I want to share this happiness with you. "  They were happy
to receive it.  I gave one to the Mom and Dad, one to a sister who
lives on her own, and for the two daughters who live at home still.
They were so happy to receive them and I could see a new sparkle in
their eye.  I don't know if they are going to convert, and I don't
know if they are going to get baptized.  But what I do know is this.
I have been waiting one and a half years to give a Book of Mormon to
that family and I didn't only give them one, I gave them three.  I am
now at peace with myself knowing that I gave someone who I care about
the most correct book of any book on this earth.  It is now up to them
if they read it or not, but I did my part of sharing that happiness
with them.  I hope and pray that they will read it, and I will be
following up with them if they read it or not.  Something deep down
tells me that they will read it.  They are such a wonderful family and
I love them so much.  When I was walking home that night, I felt the
spirit so strong.  It is hard to explain but it is almost as if the
spirit said to me, "Good Job, you did it".  My bag weighed less that
night and it brought happiness to my heart.  This day will remain a
special day for me, for the rest of my life.
I love this family so much and I am so grateful for everything that
they do for me.  I was so happy to see them and I hope I can meet them
again sometime in the future and share the Gospel with them.  They
have shown so much love towards me and I want to show them as much
love as I can.  I am so grateful for this gospel and I love sharing it
with people.  Have an amazing week everyone.  I loved hearing from you
and I am looking forward to the Christmas season!  Have a very Merry
Christmas Holiday!  Talk to you next week! :)

😊🇯🇵

Elder Unsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment