Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year

January 4, 2016 

Happy New Year, 2016!  (Read our hands)
Cheers to a new year and great friends!
Good drinking buddies!


Dinner at the Marutanis
Traditional Japanese meal
Birthday cake, Oh my gosh, YUM!

Zone P-Day so much fun.

Oh what a happy missionary!
One great zone!

This week has been full of so many fun things! It was a very relazing
week but we got a lot of things done.  As you all know from last week
I told you I got a new Companion.  His name is Elder King and he is
awesome!  I really like that guy and I love talking with him.  He is
so funny and we got along great!  But sadly I got my transfer call
this morning and I am out of Kasukabe.  I am now heading towards
Matsudo.  I am so excited!  All I have heard is good things about
Matsudo.  First off, the church has five stories and it looks like a
castle.  On the top floor there is a basketball court.  I am so
excited to go there.  My new companions name is Elder Chang.  He is
from China I think and he speaks a little bit of English.  This should
be a really fun exchange.  I am so excited.  I am also moving to a
four man apartment which will make things really fun.  I leave on
Wednesday and it should be loads of fun! I am going to miss Kasukabe a
lot though.  I really have grown to love the people here and I am
going to miss them a lot.
This week was a Holliday for Japan so we didnt get a lot of time for
finding.  But we had a lot of time with the members.  We had a dinner
appointment pretty much every day!  When Elder King got here we only
had to cook in our apartment once for the four days he was here.  It
was awesome!  We went to one family who fed us a traditional Japanese
dinner thing with lots of fish and rice and weird stuff.  There was
one thing that was a bean and it had gold on it.  So I have officially
eaten gold now!  That was fun! haha  Our next dinner appointment was
with a family named the Hosoya family.  They fed us some traditional
Japanese food as well and it was really good.  That day was also ELder
Kings birthday so they made him a cake!  It was really good!  That
family is so nice to us.  We shared a message with them and it was
really powerful.  I love working in a trio because there are more
people to testify and teach.  It is a really powerful teaching tool I
think.  I wish it would have happened earlier in the transfer because
I love being with Elder King and Elder Calhoun.  They are amazing
missionaries.  We then also had a dinner appointment with the
Marutanis and they fed us really well.  They were sad because we told
them one of us was leaving.  They are such a nice family.  I love them
so much.  We also shared a message with them and the spirit was so
strong.  I love bringing the spirit into peoples homes and seeing
their eyes light up.  It is the best feeling in the world.
One day the streets were really dangerous because it was New Years so
the missionaries couldn't go out.  So we read the Book of Mormon all
day long.  I started at 8 and ended at 12 noon.  It was awesome.  I
got from the introduction to 2 Nephi.  It was awesome.  I loved
reading the Book of Mormon.  But at 12 we had a lunch appointment so
we had to stop reading and then we had a dinner appointment later that
night so we didn't get a lot of reading.  I really wish we could have
read all day.  I love the Book of Mormon.
I would like to challenge you all to read the Book of Mormon this
year.  If you do not have a New Years Resolution you can have the Book
of Mormon be it.  It brings so much joy to my life and I am so happy
after I am done reading it.  I know you will also be happy if you read
it.  God loves us and he wants us to learn about his son Jesus Christ.
You can learn about him in the Book of Mormon.  Please read it if you
havent read it yet!  It is an amazing book.  Even if you have read it,
read it again, you will not regret it, I guarantee it! :)
Thank you all for your love and support.  I love hearing from you.  I
hope you all had an amazing New year and you continue to have fun!  I
think this year is going to be a really good year!  Lets try our
hardest to make this year a good one and strive to always be happy.
If you put your will to the Saviors will you will be happy.  Learn of
him and you will be happy.  I love the Savior and I know he loves me,
he loves you too.  Have a great week and make a New Year Resolution!
Love you! :)

Elder Unsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment