Monday, April 4, 2016

Good-Bye Matsudo

Hello Togane

April 4, 2016
Saying good-bye to people in Matsudo.
Ola

This is Ayumu.

I worked a lot with this man.   His name is Nakanishi.
He was a great man! He helped with Umehara.


I felt the Spirit so many time when I was with this gentleman.
I love him and what he stands for.
A party for some people who were singing.
It was fun but we were only able to stay for a few minutes.
This is the Kuwahara family.  I love them so much.
They were always so nice to me.
One last dinner together.
 I am so lucky to have served with these elders!
One more photo of us all.
A group of kids!

I worked a lot with this man.  His name is Nakanishi.
  He was a great 
man!  He helped a lot with Umehara.

Last visit with Masuda.  I love this guy so much.

Last picture together in front of our apartment.

Sakura blossoms

A recent convert.  His name is Li.

Apartment Elders in Togane
Elder Munro (Australia) Elder Gibson (St. George, Utah)
Me (WVC, Utah), and Elder Lin (Taiwan).

The beauty of Japan!



Elder Lin, my new companion.

Add caption

Silly elders in front of a cool temple.





A way neat shrine.  It is so pretty.

One handsome Elder.

Love our red lips!

Lake Hakkaku.  God sure did make a beautiful place.


Hello wonderful people all around the world!  I just want you to know
that I am doing well in my new area!  I am in the wonderful place
called Togane.  I just realized that maybe some of you can't read or
say the places I have been in or the people I meet....  So this is how
you say Togane, tōganê.  I think that is how you say it...  Haha but
anyways, I am loving it here.  This area is amazing and to top it off,
I have the best companion in this world!  His name is Elder Lin and he
is amazing.  He works hard, laughs, has fun, and knows how to make me
happy.  He is literally already one of my best friends and we haven't
even been together for a week.  He is amazing and I love him so much.
Elder Lin is from Taiwan and he speaks fluent English.  Every so often
he will ask me how to say things, but he is way good.  I hope one day
my Japanese can be as good as his English.  I don't know how some of
these missionaries can learn three languages at the same time.  They
are amazing.  Elder lin is just all around an amazing missionary.  He
is on his twelfth transfer and I am learning so much from him.
The thing I like most about this area is how different it is from my
other area.  The church actually looks exactly the same, minus two
floors.  But the area is way different.  There are tons of rice fields
and tons of mountains.  I had to bike up the mountains the other day,
and man was that a work out.  I love it though.  I am out here to work
and I am out here to spread the good word.  If I have to travel up a
mountain to reach someone who wants to learn, then it is worth it.
Also, there are tons of rice fields.  So many...  But they are way
cool to ride through and look at.  I am loving my new area so much,
the people out here are way nice and they always stop to talk to me.
I love them so much.  I just love being on a mission in Japan! :)
So something that I have learned this week is to start off new.  There
were some hard things that happened back in Matusdo and I feel like I
needed a restart.  I needed to start off new.  Well I was able to do
that in Togane.  I got a new area, a new apartment, and a new
companion.  All of these things have blessed me so much.  I have
realized how much this transfer has been a blessing to me and how much
I have grown from it.  I know that the lord sent me here for a reason
and I think it was to restart.  Since I have been here, I have thrown
away my fears and have fun on my mission, along with my companion.
Ever since then, I have talked to more people, I always have a smile
on my face when I go out and do some finding, and I love those around
me so much more.  I am way excited to keep serving in Togane and to
make new memories here.  Sometimes you have to start off fresh so that
you can receive new blessings or look at life a different way.  I know
that sometimes it is hard to "restart" in life.  But as the new Easter
video states, Because of Christ, I have found new life.  I know that
this is true.  If we rely on the Savior and do what he asks of us, we
can "find our new life".  We can become the people he wants us to
become and enjoy our life's more.  He knows what is best for us.  So
sometime, we have to leave our old life's and find the new one through
Christ.  I know that this is true and I hope you all do the same thing
and rely on the savior to help you.  I know he will help you because
he has helped me so much.  I love you all and I hope you have an
amazing week.  I hope you enjoyed conference.  I am looking forward to
seeing it next week!  I love you all and I can't wait to hear from
you.  Check out my blog to see some awesome photos of me and the
Japanese cherry blossom tree.  Love you!  Talk to you next week! :)
Elder Unsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment