Monday, April 11, 2016

Togane and Choshi

April 11, 2016

Our church looks exactly like Matsudo except this one is only three
floors. The inside also is a bit different. But it is still way
pretty!

Exchanges

Elder Gibson and I

We decided that we would ride 30 miles to  Choshi.
Tired but we made it!!!


A cool shrine we found.

Me in front of shrine.

Buddha Unsworth 



Cool fireworks that we saw!

Fireworks over the lake!



Well hello everyone!  I am doing great down here in the wonderful city
of Togane!  The people here are way friendly and recently we had a
festival.  If you go look at my blog you will see some awesome
pictures of me and some beautiful Sakura trees.  The Sakura tree is
Japan's national tree and it is beautiful.  The other day they were
having a festival with fireworks and food and all this wonderful
things.  As we went there to watch the fireworks with our
investigator, all I could think about was how amazing God is to make
all these wonderful things.  He truly is amazing.
One way that he shows his love for us is through his chosen servants.
This week we got to watch General Conference and man was it amazing.
I loved hearing the voices of the Apostles and the Prophet.  They are
amazing men and they definitely spoke the words of God.  It is amazing
how much I felt the spirit as I listened to them.  They talked about
things we need to improve and they also taught us about how much God
loves us.  I know for a fact that the things that they taught about
were what our loving Heavenly Father wanted us to hear.  I am so
blessed to be in a time where I can simply listen to Conference on my
iPad.  One of my favorite things to do is listen to at least one talk
a day.  It gives you a spiritual reachargement and  and it helps you
go about your day doing good. I love listening to the Apostles and
following their guidance.  Needless to say, this past conference was
simply amazing.  The Spirit was so strong and the talks were amazing.
I hope you all listened to them and took notes!  If not, get on gospel
library and go watch, listen, or read them!  They will help you out so
much, and they are fun to read! :)
Here is a fun thing that happened this past week! :)
Tuesday was my exchange with Elder Gibson.  He is in my apartment with
me and he is the short blonde hair guy.  He is from St. George and he
is so much fun to be with.  He is a transfer four so his Japanese and
my Japanese put together makes a good missionary who can speak! Haha
Well for our exchange we got the bright idea to travel 30 miles one
way!  I am not going to lie, it was kind of a waste of time, but it
was so much fun.  We traveled next to the coast line the whole way
there and the water was amazing.  It looked so pretty and the waves
were so big.  I wish I could go swimming in it.  As we were traveling
along the road this man came out of his apartment and said hello to
us.  We slammed on our brakes and then went and talked to him.  He was
kind of crazy.  I think he knew who we were and what our religion
believes in.  Because he invited us into his house and we talked about
religion for awhile.  He then made us some tea and we tried to tell
him that we can't drink it.  He then said, "Oh go ahead, no one is
watching."  All I could think was, thanks Satan!  Well some how we got
out of his house and back on the road.  We might stop by his house
again sometime in the future, but it is so far away.  We traveled and
we got about 2-3 miles to our destination when the mountains hit.  The
whole time it was really flat and nice, but when the mountains hit, it
was horrible.  Some how we got through it.  But when we got to the
train station, we noticed that Elder Gibsons bike got a flat.  We had
no idea what to do.  So I went to the police station and talked to
them for awhile.  After having five cops help us, one tourist guide,
and some other people, we decided to leave the bikes there and take
the train home.  We decided to go do some finding.  So we walked
around the street and we were able to pump up Elder Gibsons tire.  It
wasn't a fast leak, but there is no way we could go 30 miles on it.
So we were driving around town and I ran into this old man.  I asked
him if there was a place around here that we could eat at because we
were way hungry.  He told us he would lead the way to his favorite
restaurant. We hopped on our bikes and followed him.  I was having a
great time talking with the guy and then to my surprise I turn around
and Elder Gibson was running with his bike.  I was like, "get on your
bike you ding dong."  He then showed me that his back tire was all the
way flat.  He ran over a staple in the road and it took out his back
tire.  So now he has both of his tires flat.  Boy was it a fun
exchange.  We had dinner, laughed, and became really good friends.  He
is an awesome missionary and I love being in the same apartment as
him.  And I love being in the apartment with the three best
missionaries in this mission.  They all are amazing and I love them so
much! :)
Well, life in old Togane is going well.  We have been meeting with
investigators, finding and working really hard.  Today we actually
found a new investigator and hopefully he will come to the sports day
this week!  As for my Japanese, it is also improving.  I can notice an
improvement each day, but please continue to pray for me!  That would
be a huge help.  I am so grateful for all your wonderful prayers and
your amazing support.  I love you all so much and I hope you know
that.
One thing that is cool about my new area is the amount of Chinese
people that are living here.  There are so many of them, and I think
all of our investigators are Chinese.  But we are still looking for
new Japanese people! :)
Well I want you all to know that I love you and that the work is still
going on.  Everything is moving a long perfectly and this area is
seeing many miracles.  I know that as we keep working hard and put our
trust in the Lord, he will bless us.  He will bring the people who are
ready to us and they will be prepared to hear the Gospel.  I love this
church so much and I know with out a doubt that it is true.  That
Jesus Christ lives and that we all have a loving Heavenly Father.
This is the message I want to share with everyone, and this is the
message I hope you know it true.  I love you all, and I will talk to
you again next week.  By the way next week is temple P-day so I will be
emailing on Monday, your time.  Love you, have an amazing week! :)

Elder Unsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment