Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter

March 27, 2016

My Easter Basket this year.  My favorite is the small Christus statue! 
One of my best friends.  This was a sad good-bye.  He is going home to Idaho.                 Well done Elder Hansen !!       


YSA party.  Food that we made for the party. Yes this is octopus!

You make these ball things with octopus in them.



Proof that my eating habits have changed.  It actually tasted pretty good, just really hot!!

 My apartment in Matsudo

Elder Chou at his desk

Hallway

Our clean kitchen

Zone Leaders study room

This is where I sleep.  My futon is the one on the left.  Super small!!!

A member we worked with a bit.  His name is Brother Sasaki.

Oh how I miss my Bailey and the other dogs also!



Weekly Email 3-28-2016
Hello beloved family and friends!!!  Well I bet you are all wondering
what my transfer call is.  This morning I got a call from the
Assistance and I found out that Elder Chou is going to Tokyo!  He is
so lucky, I have wanted to go there my whole mission!  Maybe some day
I will be able to go.  It was then my turn.  Usually when one of your
companions leaves, you stay and a new Elder comes in, well me being
lucky Elder Unsworth, I am also transferring!  I am going to a new
area called Togane.  It is in the Chiba prefecture of Japan and my new
companions name is Elder Lin.  He is also from Taiwan, so maybe this
is a hint that I should start learning Chinese.  I am excited to go to
a new area and meet new people and have new experiences!  I am way sad
though to be leaving wonderful Matsudo.  I have grown to love the
people here and I love this area so much.  I am going to miss the
church here so much.  I love this area and its church members.  They
have been so nice to me and I have made some great friends.  But
probably most of all, I am going to miss my investigators.  I have
made some really good friendships with them and I feel like we are
best buds, but now I have to say goodbye.  The worst part is some of
them don't even have Facebook!  So this is literally goodbye.  I hope
that if they get baptized I will be able to come back and see them be
baptized.  These people mean the world to me and I am going to miss
them so much.  But they are in good hands! :)
This week, I wasn't expecting to say goodbye to everyone, so I didn't.
I have made many lessons for this upcoming week and I am sad that I
won't be able to say goodbye to everyone that I want to.  But this
past week's lessons were amazing!  We were able to teach Tatsuya and
Umehara, meet up with some old investigators and find new ones!  Today
we are trying to meet with a new investigator who is from. Africa!  He
seems to have a lot of interest in the church and I am excited to meet
with him.  The last couple of lessons with the investigators went
really well.  They are all progressing and they are coming to know
Christ more every time we meet with them.  This week we also had
Tatsuya and Umehara come to church, next week I am sure we can get
even more people to come!  In the next couple of days, I have to get
my investigators ready to meet the new Elders and catch the new Elders
up on everything that the investigators need.  It is going to be a
crazy couple of days! Haha
But after everything is done, I am still doing the same work.  I am
bringing others closer to Christ and bringing them to eternal
happiness.
This last Sunday was Easter and I was grateful to receive a package
from my family.  Inside was some candy from my family, a letter from
my mother, and a small statue of the Savior called "The Christus".  I
love this little statue so much!  It will stand as a reminder to me to
always think of the Savior and to think about what he has done for me
and all the people around me.  How blessed am I to know that through
Jesus Christ I can be with my wonderful family for all time and
generations.  I am so blessed to have this wonderful Savior who loves
and cares for us so much.  I am eternally grateful to Him and all that
he has done for me.  For my sins, my troubles, my worries, and my
family.  My testimony has grown so much over the past couple of months
about how families are eternal.  The Christus will stand as a reminder
for me, for all the love that my family has for me, but even more how
much He loves me.  I know that our Savior lives, and that he loves us
more than we can comprehend.  He came to this world to do the Fathers
will, now it is our time to do the Fathers will.  Let us follow the
example of the Savior and follow His footsteps so that we can see him
again.
I love this work so much and I am blessed to be doing it now in Japan.
I have learned so much on my mission but most of all my testimony of
the Savior has grown and my love for him has grown as well.  I hope
that this past Easter you all thought about Jesus Christ and the role
he plays in your life.  He loves you, he cares for you, and he knows
you.  Thank you for all the love and support you all give me, I love
you!!!  Have an amazing week and I will talk to you next week.  Take
care!  Love you!!!

Elder Unsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment