Monday, April 18, 2016

Temple Day


Temple Day

April 18, 2016

Elder Lin and I at the temple.

Apartment buddies at the temple!
Elder Gibson, Elder Munro, Me, Elder Lin.

This was probably one of the coolest pictures of the week.
 I got to 
have all three of my companions in one picture!  Cool huh?  I was so
happy to see all of them! :)
Elder Chou, Elder Lin, Elder Calhoun, and me!!! :)

This is the busiest intersection in the world. 
So many people.  It is

called Shibuya.

The second Happiest Place in the world,
Disney Japan!!

Another picture of Disney!


What a week it has been in Togane!  Today we had a wonderful day at
the temple.  It is honestly one of my favorite places on this earth.
I love it there so much.  It is so peaceful and relaxing.  I always
learn something knew when I go there.  I especially loved being there
with all my companions and mission buddies.  They are the best! :).
This week we did so much finding and we have talked to every person
that we can possibly find!  But still no knew investigators.  I think
I found out the secret to this new area.  I went to a Zone meeting on
Thursday and there was a training done on Members.  I found out that
maybe Elder Lin and I are focusing too much on the people of Togane
and not the members of Togane.  So from now on we plan on visiting at
least one member a day and getting to know them.  I think that through
the members we are going to find our new investigator.  A good example
of this is what happened the other day.
On Monday, yesterday, I had a wonderful exchange with my District
leader.  Elder Munro is an amazing missionary.  He is just a transfer
a head of me and we work together so well.  Anyways, we had our day
planned out and we didn't really have any time for finding.  We had a
bunch of appointments and we needed to visit people one after another.
Anyways we decided to just talk to people on the way from appointment
to appointment.  Usually in Togane we get to talk to about 20-25
people a day.  We decided to show some faith and set a goal to talk to
50 people.  We thought that this was a crazy goal but we showed our
faith and then left it in our Heavenly Fathers hands.  Well I can
proudly say that we worked our little tails off.  We talked to every
person we could find and wasn't late to one single appointment.  At
the end of the day, we looked down at our little counter and we had 49
meaningful contacts.  We had about 5 minutes left to get to our house
before curfew was up.  We said a prayer and then got on our bikes and
traveled home.  It was 8:55 at night, I don't know about you, but in
Togane, there is no one on the streets that late.  And if they are,
they don't want to talk to two scary foreigners riding bikes down a
dark scary street.  Well right before we turned into our apartment,
there standing on the side of the road was a man by himself.  We ran
to him with a smile on our face and introduced who we were.  It was a
miracle that we were able to get our 50 meaningful contacts by the end
of the night.  It strengthened my testimony that if you put froth your
faith and work hard to achieve it, the Lord will bless you and you
will see miracles.  I know that our God is a God of miracles and he
wants to bless us every day, we just need to show forth our faith.  I
learned so much from this exchange with Elder Munro.  He helped me
become a better missionary, he helped me recognize how much I have
changed since the MTC, and he helped me strengthen my faith.  I know
that with faith, nothing is impossible.  There is a quote that I love
from President Thomas S. Monson, he says, "The future is only as
bright as your faith."  How true are these words?  This phrase has
been my motivator on my mission.  It pushes me to put forth my faith
and to rely on the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I know that he loves
us and I know that through him, our futures will become bright.
I love this church so much.  It has blessed my life and it has blessed
the life of those around me.  My purpose and my desire is to share the
light of Christ with everyone.  To bring them closer to him and to
exercise faith in him.  I know that through Christ, anything is
possible.  I love him so much and I am eternally grateful for him.  I
am blessed to have such a wonderful family and wonderful friends like
you.  I love you all so much and I hope you know that.  Missions are
definitely hard, but as you show forth your faith and you work hard,
things become easier.  You are able to achieve the goals that you make
and become a better missionary by the end of the day.  Who knows,
maybe by the end of this transfer, I will be able to get to talk to
100 people in a day.  I just want you all to know that I love you so
much.  I miss you and wish the best for you.  I hope everything is
going well in the area that you are living and that you are enjoying
your time with family and friends.  Lately there was an earth quake in
Japan.  Luckily it was not near me and no damage came to my area, but
the are that it did damage, damaged it pretty bad.  All the church
members and missionaries are accounted for and safe, so that is good.
But those missionaries down there are now probably going to be turned
into service missionaries.  I am so grateful that this mission I am on
is not just a preaching one, it is a serving one as well.  Again, I
love this church and because of this church I have become the man I am
today.  I have no idea where I would be with out this church.  It is
my everything and it means the world to me.
Again I express my love to you and wish you to have an amazing week.
I love hearing from you all.  I love you so much and can't wait to
hear from you again next week.  If you haven't sent me a letter in
awhile, send one, I love hearing from you!  I will try to respond when
I can, but always know that I love you! :)
Take care and talk to you next week! :)

Elder Unsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment