Monday, February 29, 2016

 Miracles

February 29, 2016


Boat Guys
These boats are way cool!

These are huge boats.  I love them!!!
The guy who owns the boats with two happy missionaries!
 Too bad he lives in Kobe, I would love to teach him.
Elders in Kobe, here is a golden opportunity!!!

The boat in action going so fast on the Edo river.

Another wonderful p-day lunch!
Meet the Shiyoji family!!!
 I love this family so much.


Hello friends and family!  How are you all doing?  I just want to say
thank you for all your love and support but mostly this week I am so
grateful for your prayers. This week I had an amazing miracle happen.
I found a man who has interest in the Gospel!  I am not just talking
about a little interest, I am talking about lots of interest!!!
Friday morning Elder Chou and I finished our weekly planning.  When we
did our companionship inventory, we made some really good goals.  This
week we wanted to work towards being a more obedient and consecrated
companionship.  We set some goals to talk to everyone, be on time, and
work our hardest.  I think this is what the lord needed us to do
because Friday was an amazing miracle day.  We left the apartment with
the mind set to talk to everyone.  We were talking to every guy that
we could see but none of them had interest.  It was so frustrating but
we kept going.  Some people were interested in only a restoration
pamphlet or an eikaiwa pamphlet but none of them seemed super
interested.  Well after about 45 minutes to an hour of finding, we
found ourselves going down this road that had no one on it.  I had no
idea where we were going.  Up ahead we saw this one guy walking by
himself.  We treated him just like every other person.  We introduced
ourselves and what we were doing.  He introduced himself as well and
told us his name was Umehara. We talked a bit about families and who
God is, we then asked him if he had more interest and if he wanted to
learn more.  He said he had time now and he wanted to learn more.
Well on the side of the road and right next to a construction company
was pretty loud so we went up the street to a nearby Family Mart.  We
sat down at a small table that was hidden in the corner and began
teaching.  We taught him the whole restoration lesson and then even
some of the plan of salvation.  He just had so many questions and we
tried to answer them all.  All of his questions were directed straight
to the Gospel and we were able to answer them with the Book of Mormon.
It was amazing!  At the end of the lesson we taught him how to pray
and he said the closing prayer for us.  It was so awesome.  Granted it
wasn't the best place to have a lesson but you have to do what you
have to do when you have no other choices.  At the end of the prayer
we asked him if we could meet again and he gave us his phone number
and address and he said he will come to church on Sunday!  It was the
coolest miracle ever!  But that isn't the best part.  The coolest part
of this story was a story that he shared with us.  He said, "When I
was 14 years old I lived in Hong Kong.  (He is Japanese by the way, he
also speaks a bit of English).  When I was living there, I met one of
your brethren and they taught me about families.  I loved learning
about it but for some reason we stopped meeting.  Well, I think God
sent you to me today to finish teaching me.  I think God wants me to
listen to you."  It was so cool!  He said he had been meeting with
other religions but all of them seemed to have a "piece" of the truth
but not all of it.  I was overly ecstatic to be talking with this man.
Uehara is going to be an amazing investigator.  I pray every night
that he will come to church this Sunday and that we will be able to
teach him the next lesson and show him around our church.  I think he
has a lot of potential and I think the spirit has really touched his
heart and softened it for us.  Uehara is an answer to my prayers! :)
Uehara San is a way cool miracle!   To make things even cooler, he
came to Stake Conference this week!  The chapel was packed.  People
had to go to the 5th floor to watch it from a projector, kind of like
how we do it at our stake conferences.  But luckily after talking to
some members, we were able to get four seats for us to sit next to
each other.  The Stake conference went really well.  There were a lot
of speakers though.  Also, when you dont understand things, it is
really hard to stay awake but because Umehara was there, I tried my
very hardest to understand what was being talked about.  They mostly
talked about the area plan for Japan and baptism.  So that was really
good.  President Nagano came and gave a talk that was really good!
After Stake Conference I took Umehara up to meet President Nagano.
That was also really cool.  After they introduced themselves I asked
him if he had any questions for President Nagano and he talked to him
about the Holy Ghost and things like that.  Like, how do we understand
promptings and how can we tell when we feel the Holy Ghost.  It were
way good questions for someone we just found the other day!  I am glad
he asked President Nagano those questions and not me because I have no
idea how to answer those questions in Japanese.  But President Nagano
did a very good job of talking with him and teaching him.  At the end
of the conversation President Nagano invited Umehara to come to our
zone conference this week.  Umehara speaks a little bit of English so
it would be a good chance for him to learn about the church and also
practice his English.  I was so surprised, he said he would come!!!  I
am so excited  to see him there.  After we were done talking with
President Nagano we went upstairs and had a lesson with him.  Brother
Masuda was there with us.  Man I would be sunk without these Japanese
people to help me teach! haha  But we talked about Stake Conference,
Jesus Christ, the Atonement, the Book of Mormon and the Plan of
Salvation.  We covered a lot of topics but I think it really helped
him and he said he was enjoying the Book of Mormon.  He had a lot of
good questions about it  so that is good.  I honestly think that he is
the investigator I have been looking for.  He shows so much interest
in learning about the Gospel.
I am so grateful for him and I am even more grateful for all the
prayers that I get from all of you.  Thank you for them and please
continue to pray for my investigators.  I am looking forward to
another week of missionary work.  I hope this week I will be able to
meet with Umehara a lot and teach him more about the Plan of Salvation
and also about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  This week was amazing and
I am so excited for one more week! :)
I hope you all are having a wonderful time.  I love hearing from you,
it sounds like everything back home and everywhere else in the world
is doing just great.  I just want you all to know that I love you and
pray for you always.  You all mean so much to me and  you have touched
my heart one way or another.  I have learned so much about the love
that our Heavenly Father has for us and I am excited to be able to
share that love with others.  Some people it is their first time
feeling that love and to see their eyes light is amazing.  I am so
blessed to be in Japan, the people here are great and there are so
many opportunities to share the Gospel.  I love my mission so much!  I
also love you all just as much.  Keep working hard and enjoying life.
Also don't forget to look for the little things in life.  Heavenly
Father blesses you with little things all the time, you just need to
look for them.  I love you!!!  Take care and have a great week.  Until
next week,

Elder Unsworth😊🇯🇵





No comments:

Post a Comment