Monday, February 8, 2016

Super Bowl Sunday

February 8, 2016

Sky tree! You can see it from my area.  It is so cool!!
Say Hello to Tokyo!
The sushi here was really good!   Elder Rhea is the one sitting next
to me and Elder Hansen is across from me.  I love these three
missionaries so much!  They are a blast!
The dishes here are so cool.

I love this family so much!
 The Kuwahara family
Where does the time go?  I cant believe I have been out for 7 months
now!  That is so crazy to me.  Also it is coming to the end of another
transfer.  I feel like I just got here and now I may be leaving!  I
doubt that I will be leaving but you never know.  I get me call next
week so I will let you all know what is going on! :)
This week was a fun week.  One of the best things that happened this
week was exchanges.  This was a way fun exchange.  I was with a
transfer one missionary!  He didnt know that much Japanese so that
means I had to take lead in everything!  We had a meeting that morning
so we couldnt start our study until 2:30 by the time we were done with
our study and dinner it was 7:30!  I learned so much from study
though.  There is a video that new missionaries get to watch called
the District and I love it!  When I was getting trained my trainers
were not the best at watching that video.  I maybe watched it two or
three times.  Not that much. haha  But when I watched it with Elder
Rhea, it was way fun!  I learned so many things that I could improve
on and how I can become a better missionary.  For this reason, I kind
of hope I get to train some time in the future.  I really want to
train a missionary and I think that if I do that I will also find out
how to be a better missionary.  Well my exchange with Elder Rhea went
pretty good!  We talked to a couple of people and then we decided to
go housing! I did the first house to show the example and then I let
him pick the next house.  He was doing everything in his power not to
do it.  We walked up to this one house and there was a car in the
drive way, the kitchen light was on and so was the upstairs bedroom
light.  He looked around the house probably for a good minute and then
said, "Yup this house is deserted.  I don't think anyone lives here."
I had to hold back from laughing so hard.  It was so funny.  Finally
after giving him a prep talk we were able to house a couple more
houses that night.  It was by far some of the funniest things that
have happened on exchanges.  haha  I loved this exchange so much!
The biggest thing that happened this week when it comes to
investigators is Elder Chou and I was walking around one day and no
one wanted to talk to us.  That actually happens a lot...  Haha  But
there was this one guy that I had a good feeling about so I stopped
him and it turned out he had lived in New York for five years so his
English is way good! I talked with him and made a really good
relationship with him on the spot.  It was so cool, we actually had a
lot of the same likes and he said that he had talked to like five
other church missionaries but he had never talked with an LDS
missionary.  So we told him what we do and how he can learn more about
our church.  We gave him a restoration pamphlet and he said if he has
any interest he will call the number on the pamphlet.  We said okay
and then went our ways.  I kind of had a feeling that he would call
back but at the same time I thought that he would be like everyone
else and not call us ever.  Well no joke, like five minutes later, we
get a call from him.  He must have read something in the pamphlet or
something but he called us and was really excited to learn more about
the church.  We are going to meet up with him tomorrow and give him a
church tour and also teach the first lesson.  I am so excited.  I
think this is also Heavenly Father answering my prayers to finally
find someone to teach and that has interest in the church.  This guy
is a huge answer to my prayers and I really hope he accepts our
message and choses to become closer to Christ.  I really hope he comes
tomorrow! :)
There has been so many things this week that have been answer to my
prayers.  I am so grateful for the Savior, the Holy Ghost, and our
loving Heavenly Father.  I know he hears and answers our prayers.
There are many people out there who think God is this scary thing that
hates them.  I am here to testify that God is our loving Heavenly
Father and he loves us so much.  He loves you just like your father on
earth loves you.  He wants to help you and he can only help you if you
make yourself humble and ask for help and guidance through prayer.  I
know that Jesus Christ lives and loves us also.  He is the Savior of
this world.  I am so grateful for this church and all the many
blessing I have recieved since I have been on my mission.  I am also
very thankful for my wonderful family who loves and supports me so
much.  I love them so much.  They are the best examples to me and I
hope one day I can be like them. I am also thankful for you and all
your love and support you give me.  I love you all so much and you are
in  my prayers.  I hope you see the blessings Heavenly Father gives
you through this week as you pray to him.  He loves you and wants to
bless you, all it takes is a little prayer.  I love you all so much
and I hope you have an amazing week!  Take care and talk to you next
week! :)

Elder Unsworth






No comments:

Post a Comment