Sunday, November 15, 2015


On Stage Again!
November 15, 2015
Dinner at the Marutanis


Romeo and Juliet.  The elder's sang Amazing Grace while Romeo and Juliet waltzed on stage.

Curtain Call

Cast Photo

Another Cast Photo
Two very happy Elders!  Friends for ever.
I LOVE TO GO TO THE TEMPLE!!!
It's beginning to look like Christmas at the temple in Tokyo!

 This week has been very eventful!  I got to go to the temple again!  I

love going to the temple.  It always makes me so happy and I love the
feelings I get from going there.  I cant wait for the next time!  It
is going to be so much fun!
This week I would like to share with you one thing that happened that
really strengthened my testimony and has made me a better missionary.
Sunday, I had the grand opportunity to give a talk. Oh boy did that
stress me out. I had to write down every sentence one by one and then
translate it. It was so hard. I talked about my mission and the
Christmas miracle. I pretty much had my face in my iPad the whole
time. But when I shared my testimony at the end, it was from the heart
and I felt the spirit a lot. It was great!  Everyone told me I did
really good but to be honest it frustrated me a lot. I miss being able
to say what ever I want. When I would give talks or do things like
that, I had so much confidence because I just a,ways spoke from the
heart and I could say what ever I wanted. Now I have to write
everything down and try to pronounce it the best I can. It makes me
frustrated but it pushes me to work harder. The more and more I talk
though, the more and more I learn. So I am going to try to talk a lot
more this week in Japanese. Later that night we got a call from the
bishop. He said a family was having a hard time and he needed us to
come help him. So we went with him to this families house and it
seemed like they were doing okay. But he wanted us to share a message
about what we learned at stake conference. I was scared, I had no idea
how I was going to share what I learned and at the same time help a
family who is struggling. But somehow, I spoke Japanese and I invited
the spirit to be in the room. I wasn't perfect and I still needed some
help from the bishop and my companion but I spoke Japanese and invited
the spirit and helped a family. I could just tell by their faces that
they were happy to hear from us. They needed a "spiritual recharge". I
think a lot of people need this sometimes in their lives. I know when
I get home from my mission, I am going to utilize the missionaries a
lot more. But this night was very special to me because Heavenly
Father listened to my prayer and helped me with my Japanese. I know I
couldn't have done it without him or the spirit.
I know that the gift of tongues is a real thing.  It has helped me so
much on my mission and I know it will continue to help me on my
mission.  I love the spirit that I feel when I testify of the Gospel
in Japanese.  This week has been an amazing week for teaching and for
testifying.  Transfers are coming up and I am a bit nervous about that
but I know all will be well.  I am loving my mission and it has made
me into a better person already!  I cant wait to see what kind of
person I am by the end.  This Gospel has helped me so much in my life
and I want to share that with everyone!  Thank you all again for all
your love and support.  You are amazing and I love you all so much.
Take care and have an amazing week! :)



Elder Unsworth



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad he's having good experiences! I love hearing his stories. It reminds me so much of my mission.

    ReplyDelete