Monday, October 26, 2015

October 25, 2015
Grand adventure with new companion



Bowling with Elder Calhoun!

A member who needed the help of the missionaries, both sisters and elders.  They would pull the twigs and beat the seeds off of them.  Two days of service,  how great!

Book of Mormon Power!

What a week it has been!  Hello everyone!  Lets begin this grand
adventure with how my companion and I are doing.  We are doing great!
We are getting along perfectly and I feel like we are best friends!
We are working really hard and handing out many flyers and Book of Mormons.
This week, we had a lesson with a new Investigator.  He is a man who
wants to read the Book of Mormon in English with us before the English
Class.  We read one chapter with him and then asked if he had any
questions about the chapter.  We then taught him about the Restoration
of the Gospel.  Elder Calhoun is an amazing teacher.  As we taught
him, you could feel the spirit in the room and it was a very good
feeling.  As we went through our lesson, Seichi san was very
interested in what we were talking about.  He loved learning about the
Gospel.  At the end of our lesson we asked him if he wanted to be
baptized.  He sadly said no.  That wasnt a surprise to me.  Usually
people say no to a question like that because baptism is scary.  We
then asked him, If he found out by himself if the church was true and
that the Book of Mormon was true would he be baptized.  He then said
yes.  I was so excited!  We dont have a baptismal date but we do have
another appointment to teach him!  I am excited to work with him!
Another great thing that happened this week was I had an interview
with my Mission President and his Wife.  Their names are President
Nagano and Sister Nagano.  They are so sweet and I love them so much.
I talked to them about my worries and concerns.  They helped me so
much.  President Nagano helped me with things that I can improve on,
and how I can become a stronger missionary.  Sister Nagano
strengthened my spiritual side.  She told me how great of a missionary
I was and how much I am improving.  She is well pleased with me and
she shared some things with me that really touched my heart and helped
me.  It made me want to be a better missionary.  Both of them said my
Japanese is getting very good.  Maybe they say that to all the
missionaries but hey, it made me feel good about myself! haha
Overall, I loved talking with President and Sister Nagano.  They helped me so much.
Another great thing that happened was Elder Calhoun and I were having
a hard time handing out Book of Mormons.  We couldn't find anyone that
wanted one or would take it.  Finally we prayed about it and asked
Heavenly Father to help us.  As we went out to talk with people that
day, we handed out a Book of Mormon each!  We were so excited when we
handed them out!  One was a Jr. High kid who was way cool!  Another
guy was a man who was standing outside of his work.  We talked to him
and he said his wife wanted to learn about our Religion, so we gave
him a Book of Mormon to give to his wife.  It was an amazing miracle.
We are working really hard to improve our finding time.
I challenge all of you to read the Book of Mormon this week and try to
find something new in it.  If you have never read it, start on page
one and read!  I promise, you will not regret it.  It has helped me so
much in my life and I know that it will help you in  yours.  The Book
of Mormon has amazing power and as Joseph Smith said "The Book of
Mormon is the most correct book of any book on earth"  Read the Book
of Mormons Introduction page to start off before you read.  It has so
much power in it.  I love it!  Read the Book of Mormon this week and
then let me know what you learned next week if you decide to take my
challenge.  If you do this, the lord will bless you and you will feel
peace, love, and come to find the truth in the Book of Mormon.  I
promise you that.  The Book of Mormon has blessed me and my family so
much.  It can do the same for you.  You just need to put forth the effort.
Overall, this has been an amazing week.  I have felt the spirit so
strongly with Elder Calhoun.  I know that he and I are going to see
some amazing miracles.  This transfer is going to be a really fun one!
 I am so grateful for all the blessings that I have received and all
the love and support I have from you all.  Thank you so much for
everything.  This week is also my Birthday, so dont forget to wish me
happy Birthday!  Just a simple email on my Birthday would be amazing!
I love you all so much!  Take care, talk to you next week!

Elder Unsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment