Monday, October 12, 2015


October 12, 2015
Conference was amazing!

Displaying image1.jpeg
A family that Nic shared a message with about conference.  They are a Disney loving family, if you couldn't tell.

Well hello from the far place of Japan.  First off, I am so sorry that I wasn't able to email last week.  I had a very busy day and I am sorry that I couldn't email a long letter last week.Well I have a lot to talk about so lets get started!So last week, I got to go to the temple. The temple is such an amazing place.  I know I talked about it in my last letter but it really is amazing.  It brings so much peace to me, to know that I am sealed to my family forever through the temple.  You also get amazing feelings when you are inside, and around a temple.  They are beautiful and Celestial.  I love them.  If you have time, Visit a nearby temple and just sit outside it on the lawn and look at the beauty of it and the gardens around you.  I promise you will find peace and joy.I also got to have lots of fun this past week.  We have been going to a lot of members houses and sharing scriptures with them and seeing how they are doing.  I always love talking with the members because they help me with my Japanese so much.  I am no where near being fluent but I know that the more I practice the more I will learn.  I love talking with them also because they always make me feel good and special.  They also love talking about Disney.  I love Disney so much.I wish I could go to Disneyland Tokyo but sadly it is against the mission rules.  Dang, maybe after my mission! hahaThis week, I had the great opportunity to teach a bunch of missionaries.  I had a training about something called "keeping the fuel to keep Dendoing"  Dendo, is Mission in Japanese.  So I talked a lot about how my brother's (who served missions) kept their fuel.They simply had fun on their mission.  By fun, I mean they enjoyed themselves.  Stephen told me that the way he had fun was by visiting members and playing games with them.  Also seeing if they needed help with anything.  They would share a quick message then move to the next house.  He loved it.  Michael told me that he would find eveywhere hewent.  He would travel to a cool part of his mission and talk to people the whole way there.  He loved it and it made it so he could talk to a lot of people.  Tyler's advice was probably the one that hit me the hardest.  He told me this, "I would love to tell you the famous quote �g Now forget yourself and go to work!�h - Gordon B Hinkley's dad But here is the truth, you can do that and you will have a great time doing it, but i was not built that way so i had to sometimes take a break and get to know my companions and get to know just people in my areas. Try to talk to them as people rather than investigators. I sometimes didn't even bring up the gospel because i truly wanted to talk and get to know them. The advice i have is not church doctrine but it is the Unsworth way and its what ran through my blood. I thinkit helps with knowing that they are people just like you and me and they want happiness but first they want a friend."
How true this is.  I think a lot of people are looking for happiness in their life but first all they want is a friend.  Someone who they can talk to and trust.  I taught a lot about this and the missionaries were amazed by it.  They loved it.  After my training they all told me that they wanted to and try talking to more people.  I am so grateful for my brothers and their wonderful examples they are to me.  I know I can turn to them any time for comfort! :)I also had a fireside with my Mission President and it was amazing! It was in Japanese so I didnt understand really any of it.  But I felt the spirit a lot.  At the end of the fireside, the ward members were asking a lot of questions to the Mission President.  President Naganowas answering them with a smile but I had no idea what they were talking about.  The weird part was, I heard my name a lot...  I was hoping that they were good things about me and not bad!  After the fireside, President Nagano came up to me and told me that the wardmembers love me.  He was proud of me and told me that I wasnt going anywhere any time soon.By that, I mean this week was Transfer week!  I am staying in Kasukabe for another transfer.  Elder Koyama is transferring though.  I get a new companion on Wednesday and I am so excited!  It is going to be awesome to have someone new to work with!   My new companion is American and he speaks English!  Thank the heavens, I will be able totalk with someone! hahaha  I am excited for this new transfer! :)Besides that, nothing else has happened in the past couple of days. Again, I am sending photos to my mom and she is posting them on my blog.  She also posts some on facebook every so often.  So go like them and tell my mom what a wonderful person she is.  She really is amazing and I love her so much.  For those of you who watched General Conference, wasn't Elder Hollands talk about mothers amazing?  If you haven't seen it yet, go online and look it up!  It is on LDS.org and you can watch or read it for free!  It is an easy read and will only take you about 20 minutes to read or watch it.  Please go read or watch it if you havent done so yet.  It really is amazing and it will leave you with a special feeling in your heart.  I love my mom so much and I look up to her so much.  She will always have a special place in my heart.Again, thank you all for your love and support.  I love getting letters from you and hearing how you are doing.  I hope you all have an amazing week!  If you want, you can always send me pictures!  I love pictures and I love seeing what fun activities everyone is doing! Take care, and know that you all are in my prayers.  I love you all so much and cant wait to hear from you! :)Till next time,

Elder Unsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment