Monday, June 27, 2016

Welcome Elder Law

June 26, 2016

Elder Unsworth and Elder Lin in front of their apartment in Togane.

Elder Unsworth and Elder Lin

Two nerdy missionaries!

One last picture.  Good-bye my friend!

Hello, Elder Law!

Trios with my two favorite missionaries!

Hello everyone from the far land of Japan! :)
I was reminded this morning that a year ago I was set apart as a
mission.  In fact, this last Sunday was the day that I gave my
farewell talk.  I can still remember the day very clearly.  I loved
seeing all my wonderful friends and family from the pulpit and I loved
the feelings that I had as I stood up there and bore my testimony.  My
testimony has changed so much, not in the things that I believe in,
but it has become so much stronger.  My testimony of eternal families
is still stronger then ever.  I love my family so much and I love that
I am out here to make families eternal.  I love sharing that truth
with people and I love seeing their faces light up!  I love sharing my
testimony with people and I love being able to do it in two languages
now.  My mission has blessed my life so much and I still have another
year of it.  I can't believe how fast the time has flown by and I know
that the next year will go just as fast.  So I am buckling down and
turning everything on full throttle.  I want this last half to be the
best half.  I really want to become the missionary that I know that I
can become and I also want to be able to help my investigators as much
as I can.
Talking about my investigators, they are doing amazing!  In fact, we
had five of them come to church this past week.  We had Nagashima,
Watanabe, Fang, Ishino, and Ogawa come to church.  There was so many
of them we didn't know what to do with them.  We were grabbing members
and pulling them here and there to get them next to the investigators.
We were running around like chickens with our heads chopped off, but
it all worked out.  Every one of our investigators loved church and
they said they want to come back again next week! :). The best part
was being able to teach all of them with a member with us.  The
members always bear such powerful testimonies of the things that we
teach and they really fellowship our investigators well.  The youth
for example fellowshipped Nagashima amazingly. They welcomed him into
their group and made him feel welcomed.  He told us that he loves
coming to church because it feels like he is hanging out with his
friends.  He loves being around the youth and learning with them.  It
is such an amazing blessing to have so many amazing members in this
Ward.  I truly am blessed to be in Togane.
But Nagashima is still looking good for the 24th and our other
investigators might be getting a baptismal date soon as well.  Elder
Law and I are working day in and day out with our investigators.
Usually I would end my day around 9 and start relaxing for the night.
But with Elder Law, we work until 10:25 because we need 5 minutes to
get ready for bed.  We are constantly talking with our investigators
and we are constantly thinking about what we can do for them.  It is
amazing.  We are doing so well as a companionship.  I love working
with Elder Law.  We are defiantly going to see many miracles in Togane
this transfer and I can't wait to tell you all about them! :)
But things in Togane are going well.  We have dropped a lot of our
investigators because they are not coming to church and don't really
want to.  If an investigator won't come to church, then they probably
won't be baptized.  So this transfer we are just really focusing on
the people who want to come to church and want to learn.  We know that
those are the prepared people who want to actually change their life's
and become better.  We went finding this week looking for people who
want to come to church and we found one new investigator!  This week,
we are going to do the same thing, and I know that we are going to
keep finding more and more people who want to come to church.  It is
so much fun to go out there and talk with you best friend about
something that you both love and enjoy.  I love this church so much
and I just want to help other people realize that this church could
help them find happiness.  You really can't find this much happiness
anywhere else but in this church.  It blesses your life more than
anything and it helps you become a better person.  I am so thankful
for all the love that I receive from my friends my family and of
course Heavenly Father.  I know that he is there and that he loves me.
He loves all of his children and he wants to see us happy.  He wants
to help us, and he wants us to come back home.  I am so grateful for
this gospel.  There really is nothing else on Earth like it.
I love you all so much and I can't believe I am already at my year
marker.  I know that this next year is going to be full of fun
adventures but also amazing miracles.  I love Japan and I love serving
the people here.  Here is to another year in the best mission in the
world.  I love Japan!  Thank you all for your love and support.  I
love you so much and I can't wait to hear from you! Go check out my
blog, my mom posted some awesome photos and also some new videos!  Go
check them out! :). If you need the address just let me know.  Love
you, talk to you next week! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment