Sunday, June 19, 2016


Happy Father's Day
June 19, 2016
This was the morning when I went and played softball with the Ward.
Not too many members showed up but a couple did and it was way fun!

We work out hard!
 Always having fun in Togane.

This is a ducks egg with tofu.
 It was alright, but I don't know if I 
would want to eat it again...
 I think it was a bit spoiled!



Weekly Letter



What a beautiful Monday morning is it today!  My transfer call has

come in and Elder Lin is leaving!  He was an amazing companion but it
is time for him to go do better things in Tokyo!  That's right, he is
being transferred to the heart of Japan.  He is so lucky, my past two
companions have both been transferred to Tokyo.  Actually mention
Elder Chou, he will be Elder Lin's new companion! Haha. That was such
a cool announcement.  The two Taiwanese Missionaries in our mission
are going to become companions!  That is so cool.  He is going to love
it.  They are both in the English part of Tokyo, so they will be
teaching English lessons.  Elder Lin is excited but also a bit
nervous.  He will do great.  Well my new companions name is Elder Law.
He is from Hong Kong, China but I think he lived in America for a bit
of his life.  So his English is pretty good. However, I don't want to
speak English to him, I want to learn Japanese from him.  He is a way
good missionary and I am honored to be able to work with him this
coming transfer.  Also, fun fact about him.  He worked in Togane about
6 months ago, and now he is returning.  He saw two baptisms when he
was here and so I have a good feeling that we will see a baptism this
coming transfer!
Actually, talking about baptism, we were able to set a baptismal date
for our main investigator Nagashima!!!  I was so excited when he said
yes.  It is scheduled as of now for the 24th of July, so please pray
for him that he will be able to hit that date!  I am so excited for
him.  And if he can make that date, I will still be here!!!  Nagashima
is the man and I love teaching him.  This week we were also able to
teach Ishino and a couple of our other investigators.  I can proudly
say that my Japanese is good enough for me to go solo and be able to
teach a lesson in Japanese.  Granted, it is not perfect, but I can say
what I want to say and I can understand about 80% of what he tells me.
I love it.  My Japanese is progressing little by little, but I know
that if I keep working hard on it, it will be where I want it to be
someday! :)
Togane is doing amazing.  We are seeing so many miracles but the
miracle of this week was we had no down time.  We would go lesson to
lesson and maybe have a bit of finding in between.  There was never a
day where we would just sit around and relax.  We were constantly on
our bikes, in an investigators house, in a members house, or doing
something for someone.  At the end of the week, we were able to get 24
lessons! I know that seems small for a whole week, but that is big for
me!  I loved working my hardest and going to bed exhausted.  That
makes me feel like I gave it my all that day and worked my hardest.  I
love working in Togane so much! :)
This week we had Stake conference but it was way special!  It was all
of Japan's Stake conference.  So everyone got together and kind of did
something like general conference.  There was a broadcast from Salt
Lake to Japan for their conference.  Elder Bednar was there and spoke
to us.  There were also some other General Authorities there.  But it
was very special and I wish America would do something like that.  It
only happens once every two years.  But they talked about some really
good things and Ishino loved it! He came on a perfect day and he was
telling me that the things they talked about were very powerful and
good.  He loved church and I asked him if he would keep coming to
church and he said yes!  I love that man so much, he is doing great
now and I think we are going to meet with him a lot this coming week.
Especially because Elder Lin is leaving.  But I am sure he will be
okay with it.
All in all though, the mission is going amazing.  It is really hot out
side but that means there are people on the street to talk to!  I love
this work and I am so excited to work with Elder Law in Togane.  We
are going to kill it here!  This next transfer is going to be
legendary in Togane.  I am so excited.  But thank you to everyone who
still continues to show me love and encourages me to go forward.  One
of those men that I love so much is my Father.  I just want to say
Happy Father's Day dad, thank you for everything you have done for me
and thank you for being an amazing dad.  I look up to you so much and
I am proud to call you my dad.  He is the man I want to be when I grow
up.  I love you! :)
Well that's it for this week.  Thank you again for everything that you
do for me and don't for get to check out the amazing blog!  I hope
everything is going well with you and that you are enjoying the
wonderful weather outside.  I love you all so much and I will talk to
you again next week!  Take care, and have a wonderful Fathers Day! :)
Love you!!! :)

Elder Unsworth








No comments:

Post a Comment