Monday, June 13, 2016


Bird's eye view of Togane 

June 13, 2016
What are these two thinking up?

We got bored one day and figured out how to get on the roof of our building. 
We wanted to see if there was a light in the tower. 
 There is, but they are never on!
 I need to talk to the bishop and tell him to figure out how to turn the churches lights on at night.
It looks so scary without them on!




The green are some rice fields right there next to the church.
 It is a
 small rice field in our area! 

My apartment is right next to that tower.
 This is what the houses 
look like here.
This is kind of towards the city area. 
The mall is on the left and it 
has a pink roof kind of.
 Well a pink sign.
 It is pretty small though 
to see it.



Weekly letter

Hello wonderful friends and family!  This week was by far one of the
hardest weeks in Togane but it was also very rewarding.  This week we
had so many of our lessons fall through.  We would show up to people's
houses and they would tell us they don't have time for us, or they
wouldn't answer the door, or they would turn their lights off and
pretend they were not home....  But we had a lot of dropped lessons
this week. But the thing that I learned this week was how to be
humble.  I realized that it doesn't matter how many lessons you have
or how many people you have at church or really nothing really
matters.  What does matter is if you are helping your investigators.
If you help them just come a little bit closer to Christ then you will
be successful.  If you can help them realize that they need a savior.
I know that as my investigators read the Book of Mormon, pray, go to
church, and do many other things, they are coming closer to the
Savior.  It is so amazing to see my investigators grow and improve.
It is defiantly one of the greatest miracles I have seen.  But I would
like to share one miracle that happened this week!
This week, we went and had a lesson with Ishino. He is not doing so
well as far as physical stuff. His body is getting old and he is
starting to feel like an old man. It is getting to the point where he
doesn't want to meet with us because he hurts so much, or he is tired.
Well a cool thing that happened this lesson was the member we brought
with us. Togane ceases to amaze me. We were talking with Ishino and he
was telling us how his back really hurt. The member then told him to
lay down on the park bench and that he would fix his back. The member
use to be a chiropractor. He did some stuff on his back, and it kind
of worked. But Ishino said that his back still kind of hurt.  We then
taught our lesson and promised his some blessings, if he were to
follow Jesus Christ then He would help him become better. Ishino then
told us that he would try to follow the Savior and do what he asks of
him. After the lesson Ishino stood up and said his back was healed. It
didn't hurt him anymore. He turned to the member and was really
appreciative. The member then said, "it was a blessing from God". Man
that was a cool experience. Not only did a cool miracle happen, but
the member was humble enough to say it was from God and not from him.
I look up to him so much now.
The members in Togane are my favorite part about this area.  They are
amazing and I have learned so much from them.  This week, I learned
how to be humble and how to rely on and follow what God wants me to
do.  I realize that the things I want to do aren't always what he
wants me to do, so I need to sit back and try to realize what he wants
me to do.  As I listened to the Holy Ghost this week, I was led to a
couple of cool experiences where I met knew people, taught new
lessons, and was able to help someone come closer unto Christ.  It is
amazing how the Holy Ghost can help us in our life's and especially to
help the lives of others.  I am so blessed to be a part of a church
that has the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  It is defiantly one of Gods
greatest gifts to His children.
Another fun thing that happened this week was we had a party in Chiba.
Chiba is the zone leaders area.  But we went there and had an
international party.  We had two of our Eikaiwa students come and I
think they had a blast.  They were talking with other people and got
to know a lot of cool people.  We had a devotional and that was pretty
good.  We then did some Hawaiian dancing.  A sister from Chiba taught
us how to dance like a Hawaiian and boy were the Elders horrendous at
it!  But it was fun and it was fun to laugh at each other and just
have a good ol time.  After that we had a wonderful dinner and did
some chit chatting.  I was able to catch up with some of my mission
friends and also get to know some knew people as well!  But my
favorite part of the night was singing the National Anthem.  They had
every nation come up and sing their Anthem.  I heard so many wonderful
Anthems that night but when I got up there and sang Americas National
Anthem, I felt so patriotic!  I love America and I know that it is
truly the land of the free.  It was fun being up there with all my
mission buddies and singing.  It was an amazing night and I loved
being there with all my friends! :)
Overall this week was very stressful and very hard, but it was also
very rewarding.  I got knew strengths and I feel accomplished.  I know
that I am doing what my Heavenly Father wants me to be doing and I
know that this is where he wants me.  Next week is transfers!!!!  That
is so crazy, it came so fast.  I have a pretty good feeling that Elder
Lin will be leaving.  He has been in Togane for five transfers now so
he is most likely out of here.  But there is a possibility that he
could stay for one more!  Anyways, I will let you all know next week
what happens.  A good thing that happened this week is Nagashima.  He
has a lot of interest and I think he is going to be our key
investigator next transfer.  He is amazing and he is a miracle in
himself. I love teaching him and I love just talking with him.  He is
a bit younger than me, but I feel like I can relate to him so much.
He is defiantly one of my favorite people to be with and of course to
teach.  I am excited to teach him some more during this next week!
I love you all so much and I hope you have had an amazing week. Don't
forget to do the little things like reading and praying, and of course
going to church.  I know that if you do those things, you will feel
peace and joy in your life.  I love this church and I know that it is
Gods true church on this earth today.  This Gospel means everything to
me, that is why I am out here to share it with others.  I love you all
so much and I will talk to you again next week! :)

Elder U
nsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment