Monday, July 18, 2016

Until we meet again Brother Taura

July 18, 2016


This is  me at Brother Taura's funeral.  They had a nice little corner
that had a couple photos and things of his.  It was a very nice
funeral.  I will miss him a lot.

This is a new investigator that we taught in Chinese.  His name is
Rui, he is way kind and he might have interest in the gospel.  We arestill trying to figure that out.    We
have only taught him the restoration so far!

Crazy spiders in Japan.  This is a small one.  They are
everywhere!!!!!  He is eating or he captured a Beatle.


Hello wonderful friends and family!  I just want you all to know that
I love you so much.  I am always so grateful for all my wonderful
friends and family who continually show love towards me.  I hope you
all are having a wonderful time with your lives and that you are
finding joy in your own lives.  This week was defiantly a good one but
also a hard one.  I have been sick this whole week so it has been hard
to go out and work to my fullest potential, but I tried my hardest and
that is all that matters right?  Even though I was sick, we still saw
a lot of success in the area and we are continually strengthening our
area.  To start things off, I would like to share with you a miracle
that I saw this week.  One that kind of changed the way that I look at
the rules of a missionary.
One day we were doing some contacting and reporting.  At the end of
that Elder Law looked at me and pointed out that my socks that I was
wearing were not appropriate.  They were my favorite socks, I only
wore them on special days.  They were argyle socks.  He told me that
they had to be a solid color sock.  Well I told him what I thought and
said that I didn't think they were distracting, bad, or
unprofessional.  I liked them and I thought they were appropriate.
Well after talking about it for awhile I decided to turn to the white
handbook and see what it says.  Sure enough it says solid colors that
match your slacks.  Socks, why are socks so important?  Instead of
fighting it more I humbled myself and realized that I was wrong and
that I needed to change.  If I want to be exactly obedient then I need
to follow the white handbook 100%.  So I told him that we needed to go
back home so I could change.  This is where the miracles happens.  If
we wouldn't have gone home, we would have turned right out of the
church and went to do some finding, but because we were being 100%
obedient we turned left out of the church and went home and that is
when we ran into our new investigator.  We stopped him right in front
of the church and asked him if he had ever been inside before.  He
said no and he said he has interest in the church.  We then gave him a
church tour on the spot and he said he really liked it.  He even said
he will come to church this week and that we can meet him up again
this coming Tuesday.  It was such a huge miracle.  I then realized
that because we were being exactly obedient to the White Handbook the
Lord will bless us.  We then went home and changed my socks, I guess I
won't be wearing those socks again until after my mission.  It was
such a testimony builder though, I love that experience so much and it
makes me want to be more obedient to all the rules, no matter how
small they are.  We then did some housing that night and ran into a
new investigator.   His name is Rui.
It was a testimony builder for me that God gives us commandments and
rules for a reason.  It doesn't matter how small or silly they might
sound.  He gives them to us for a reason.  I now know that I need to
follow every rule as close as I can.  Not just so that I can feel good
and know that I am doing the right thing, but because when I am
obedient to his commandments, I will be blessed.  I will receive
special blessings in my life and I will be happy.  I was so happy
after that moment. I wasn't annoyed that I had to change my socks and
I wasn't mad at anyone, I was humbled and meek. I knew that there was
a reason why the Holy Ghost was telling me not to fight anymore, I
needed to become humble and follow the rules.  When I did that, I
received the blessing.  I think we all have choices in our lives to
choose right from wrong.  At the time, the wrong might be easier and
might even be more fun.  But as we choose the right path and do what
God wants us to do, he will bless us.  When I was going home to change
my socks, I wasn't expecting to run into a new investigator.  He just
happened to be there.  I think God will bless us in our lives and
sometimes, we may not even know what that blessing will be.  But when
it happens, we will realize that it is from our loving Heavenly
Father.
I am so happy to be a missionary at this time in my life.  it is
blessing me more than anything ever could.  I love Togane, I Love
Japan, and I love serving people.  A mission is defiantly the best
choice of my life.  I am so lucky to be able to be called a mission of
the Japan Tokyo Mission.  I love it here!  Another bonus, I found that
my Japanese is staring to make sense!  I can say the things that I
want and teach people the way that I want to teach!  I am loving it
now!  I love learning Japanese and it makes sense now!  I am so
blessed and I know the blessings are just going to get better.
I love you all and I hope you take some time to go check out my blog.
I went to a museum last week and posted some pictures in there.  So if
you have some time, please go check it out and tell my mother what a
wonderful job she does with keeping it updated and looking good.  Man
she is amazing.  I love her so much.  I love you all and I will talk
to you next week! :)
Elder Unsworth


No comments:

Post a Comment