Sunday, January 24, 2016


Fun P-Day

January 25, 2016

This Indian statue would be great for my dad!!

Cool shrine in front of a guys house we were visiting


Ramen with Brother Masuda.  Man I love that guy!



This week has been full of spiritual and uplifting things!  This week
we had a mission conference that was world wide.  Elder Anderson,
Elder Bednar, and Elder Oaks spoke. There were also some other people
from the missionary council that spoke. It was so good. I felt the
spirit so much. It felt like another General Conference. They spoke
about how we can have the spirit more in our teachings but the big
focus was repentance. They said we need to teach repentance more. The
main theme was "Teach Repentance and Baptize Converts". It was a
really powerful message. I loved all of their talks. Another thing
they talked about was testifying of the savior. At the end of all
their talks they testified of the savior and they told us we were
called to do the same thing. We need to testify of Him everywhere you
go. It made me realize what I needed to change. I testify a lot about
the Book of Mormon but I think I need to testify more of Jesus Christ.
That is the reason why I am out here and I am doing his work. I am
going to try and build my testimony of him in Japanese. I can say it
in English but I think if I can build it in Japanese it will help me
have the spirit more in my life and it will also he,p my Japanese! :)
By the end of the conference I had a huge list of things I need to do.
Fun fact, there are 75,000 missionaries in the world right now. I
thought that was pretty cool. But yeah, the conference was really
spiritual and I loved it. I wish they would happen more often. One of
those haven't happened in forever. I think the last one was 10+ years
ago. So it was really cool to be apart of it.
Another really cool thing that happened this week is we worked a lot
with the members.  We worked with Brother Masuda who is my favorite
member here!  He loves working with the missionaries.  We met early in
the morning to go finding with him and he stayed with us till late in
the night.  Probably my favorite thing to do with him was talking.  I
loved talking with members because they help me with my Japanese so
much.  Brother Masuda speaks a little English so I can talk to him and
ask a couple of questons so that he can understand how to help my
Japanese.  But he is awesome when it comes to help.  He corrects you
if you say it wrong and when you say things right he makes you feel
like a million bucks.  He is amazing.  We talked to a lot of people
that day.  Later that night we had a lesson and it was in Chinese,
Japanese and English!  I had to through some English sentences in
there because Japanese is hard!  And our investigator understood all
those languages so it was good! But we talked about the Book of Mormon
and I think it went very well.  I love sharing my testimony of the
Book of Mormon and the Savior.  I know that he lives and loves us.  I
know we can learn about him through the Book of Mormon.  I love the
feelings I get when I read the Book of Mormon and I love the feelings
I get when I share my testimony.  I know this church is true and I
know that Jesus is the Christ.
Another cool thing that happened this week was Fukuda. We went and did
some finding and as we were walking down the street there was no one.
I had no idea why we were going down this street and I wanted to go
back home where it was nice and warm.  I was so cold and my toes were
ready to fall off!  But right when I was about to turn back I looked
up and saw this boy walking towards us.  I knew we had to talk to him!
 I went into my missionary mode and tried to become his friend right
off the bat.  With younger people I like to speak to them in English
because they usually like it and will try to talk back to me.  Well I
hit it off with Fukuda and we became really good friends.  Then came
out the Gospel questions.  Do you Believe in Christ, do you want to
learn about God, and do you like religion?  He said yes to all of the
questions.  He has been wanting to learn more about religion and he
believes in God.  It was so cool!  We even talked about the Book of
Mormon and he took one!  He told us he would read it and he is looking
forward to meeting with us again!  He was an answer to our prayers.  I
am looking forward to meeting with him again and sharing the gospel
with him! :)
Thank you all for your wonderful examples to me.  I love hearing from
you and I love sharing my spiritual experiences with you.  I hope you
feel the spirit when I share them with you and I hope that you are
finding ways to have the spirit be in your life.  I love you all so
much.  Take care and have an amazing week.  Know that your Savior
loves you and watches over you every day.  He wants to help you, you
just have to let him help you.  Don't forget to look at my Blog and
see all the wonderful pictures posted on it.  I love you all!!!!  Take
care and talk to you again next week! :)

Elder Unsworth


No comments:

Post a Comment