Monday, October 3, 2016

October already!  Time is flying!!!

October 3, 2016

Tokyo's temple.  I love seeing the temple!

Elder Calhoun.   Isn't he gorgeous? 

This is Elder Judd.  We went on exchanges and he is an assistant right
now.  I use to live with him in Matsudo, I love him so much!  He is a
great missionary! :) You are looking at him going up one of the
biggest/steepest hills we have ever seen!

This is after our lesson with Daisuke.  We set a baptismal date with
him!!!
 Daisuke, Elder Judd, and Elder Unsworth!

Look who I found just hanging out!

Bowling for P-Day.  So much fun!

We decided to give the photo booth another try!
 Crazy Elders.


Hello family and friends!

  Boy was this last week an amazing week.  I
know I always say that but as a missionary every week is an amazing
week and we see miracles all the time.  I just feel like this last
week was full of amazing terrific miracles!  I can't wait to tell you
all about some of the big ones!
Well Elder Ricks and I found a new investigator on Monday and we met
with him on Thursday to teach him the restoration and give him a
church tour.  He had so many questions during the lesson that we were
only able to teach the first half of the restoration.  We got to the
life of Jesus Christ and the questions just exploded.  He wanted to
know more about the priesthood, the apostles and what baptism was.  He
was really interested in baptism and he wants to feel clean and
literally be clean from his transgressions.  He told us God had saved
his life four times in his life, so he feels like he needs to learn
more about God.  So we set a baptismal date for the 29th of October.
I am so excited for him and I know he will be able to make it.
Hopefully we can meet often and teach him often from the Book of
Mormon.  It was the end of a beautiful exchange!  I got back to the
apartment to find out that Elder Ricks and Elder Higashi had found 4
new investigators that day, it was an amazing day for us! :)
This next miracle is very special to my heart and it is probably one
of the most spiritual times I have had on my mission while talking to
someone.  I will share what I wrote to President Nagano because it is
so long I don't want to retype it!  So I hope you enjoy! :)
Saturday was the miracle day of the week.  Man it was such a crazy
day.  So we had Eikaiwa that morning and we had fun with that and our
bible class went well as well.   It was a good way to start the day.
But then we had District meeting and I really liked talking about
faith, hope and charity. After that we did our study and stayed around
the church.  It then came time to do 12 week and have dinner and the
other Elders headed back to the apartment, well for some reason, I
felt like I needed to stay at the church and do 12 weeks.  I thought
that it was because there was wifi at the church so it made watching
the videos easy.  But that is not the reason.  Half way through 12
weeks I heard a car door shut.  I thought it was a member.  Well about
2 minutes later I heard the church door open and I looked to see who
was walking around in the church and to my surprise I saw three faces
that I did not know.  I was a bit shocked and thought that maybe they
were the other missionaries investigators.  So I talked to them and
after awhile I noticed they were not investigators and they were here
to pray.  They told me that their grandson past away and they were
here seeking guidance and help from God.  They requested to pray in
the chapel so I took them in there and left them alone for awhile to
have some peace.  While I was talking with them before they prayed,
Elder Quieroz called and asked for the keys so that he could get in
the apartment.  I gave the phone to Elder Ricks and he explained the
situation and told him to get to the church real fast because they are
Brazilian.  I think they were looking for a Catholic Church to pray at
because they kept asking me where our statues were.  But they prayed
in peace in the chapel and when they were getting ready to leave I
bore my testimony to them and promised them that God would help them
and that they can feel the love of the savior.  They smiled and really
thanked me for allowing them to come in the church at such a late
hour.  I was so surprised and the spirit was so strong.  They then
asked for my name and number and we exchanged contact information.
Just as they were getting ready to leave the church Elder Quieroz
showed up and took it from there.  He talked to them in Portuguese and
I think it really helped them.  It was such a crazy miracle,
everything just played out perfectly and they told us they wanted to
come back on Sunday to have the service with us.  Right before they
left the women who was having the hardest time looked back at us and
said, "This is the first time I have smiled in three days, thank you
so much".  It warmed my heart so much and I can't believe how
spiritual this was. We were so shocked and spiritually uplifted we
went back and had dinner and just talked about how amazing that
miracle was and how everything worked out perfectly.  Miracles
defiantly are the work of the Lord, there is no way all of that was
just coincidence.  Well after dinner Elder Ricks and I went out and
taught an investigator and then went and did some more finding.  We
wanted to talk to 10 people before we got back to the apartment that
night.  We talked to 9 and then it was time to go back.  So we headed
back and when we got to the stop light I saw a boy walking by himself
down the street.  I had a huge urge to talk to him and so I did.  This
is how it went, "hello we are missionaries.........  Do you believe in
God?" "Yes I do". "Really why?" " Well I go to church". "What church
do you go to?" "The one by Toys R Us". "............Our church is by
the Toys R Us......  Are you Mormon?"  "Yup". "Well it is nice to meet
you!"  It was so crazy.  The Spirit lead us to a less active member!
We exchanged contact information and set up a time to meet up again
and talk.  He is a college student and is studying English so he
defiantly wants to hang out some time and practice his English with
us.  It was a way cool miracle day!  So much happened!
I can not believe how full of the spirit I was on Saturday.  Man it
was such a spiritual but also an eye opening experience to see how
much our Father in Heaven really loves us and how he directs us to
certain places.  If it is to a church on a hill so that you can pray
or if it is to run into the missionaries on a dark street.  He is gong
to send blessings to you when you are ready to receive them.  I know
we have a loving father in heaven who loves us and knows us
individually.  He knows what we can handle and he knows when to send
us blessings. He doesn't hold back on us, he just waits until we are
ready.  I am so happy and I feel like I have been touched by the
Spirit so much this week.
I am sad to say I have not seen General Conference yet because Japan
is a week behind, so I am really looking forward to seeing it this
week!  I can not wait for it!  I heard that it is really good! :) I
hope you all enjoyed it and if you missed it, you could always watch
it with me this weekend! :)
Man I love working with Elder Ricks so much.  We are seeing so many
miracles in our area and we are working our tails off.  He is a great
trainee and I love him so much.  I know that we are going to continue
to see lots of miracles because of our love for the people and the
hard work we are putting into our area! :)
There were so many other miracles that happened this week, but I will
leave you all with just these couple of miracles . I want you all to
know that I know that this church is true and that God the Father
lives and so does His son, Jesus Christ.  I have seen their hand in my
work this past week and I have seen how much they love the people of
Narita.  I hope to continue to see miracles this next week and I hope
that everything goes smooth and well this week.  I love you all so
much and I love hearing from you.  I hope you have an amazing week and
always look for the small blessings that God always blesses you with.
I promise that if you look with a sincere heart you will be able to
find them.  I love you all so much and can't wait to hear from you!
Have an amazing week and I will talk to you all next week! :)
Love You!!!

Elder Unsworth


No comments:

Post a Comment