Sunday, September 11, 2016


Trying new things

September 11, 2016

Elder Higashi ate a war head!!! 

Hahaha hillarious.

Chicken, horse, and fish!!!

Horse...

Surprisingly good.
 I don't know if I believe him.

Fish!!!! All body, head, and everything.


This is Sunday nights dinner with the bishop.
 He is the man by the 
door in a white shirt.
 The girl next to the sisters is the

investigator and her mom is next to her. Fun night.

These are the missionaries in my area.
Narita.

Narita missionaries!

Hello everyone!
This whole week we have been trying to guess what is going to happen
with transfers and I just got my call from President Nagano.
President Nagano talked to me last and he said, "Elder Unsworth you
have been called to be a TRAINER!!!!!!!!" I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!  I
have been wanting to be a trainer my whole mission and now I finally
get to do it.  Granted at the beginning of my mission I didn't want to
be because of the Japanese but now that I have a foundation of
Japanese, I have been really wanting to be a trainer.  Now I get to do
it!!!!  I am so excited and I was so scared that I wasn't going to be
a trainer.  My joy is off the scales.  When president Nagano told me
that I just screamed and said Yes!  He was happy too.  He had a really
good feeling about me and he said I have high faith, I am a strong
missionary, and I will be an excellent trainer.  He trusts me and he
knows I will do great.  That made me so happy.  He told me over the
phone that he trusts me and that he knows I will be a great trainer.
He said a couple other things but sadly I can't remember them, but
what I do remember is the love I felt and the satisfaction that I
felt.  I am so happy that I am going to be a trainer and I am going to
work my hardest to satisfy President Nagano and the Lord.  I just hope
and pray that my trainy is from Utah.  I really want to be able to
hang out with him after the mission. I find out who my trainy is on
Wednesday.   I will love him with all my heart who ever it is and I
will take care of him and I am going to work his shoes off!  We are
going to work hard and see some success this next transfer!  I am
going to love being a trainer so much, we are going to work so hard
and have fun at the same time! :)
The next big thing that happened this week was Sunday.  I was asked to
give a talk in church and it went really well.  I talked about
families and introduced myself and there was actually one really funny
part.  I got up there and I was talking and then I forgot one word.
It was relationship.  I totally blanked and couldn't think of it.  So
I looked at Elder Higashi in the crowd and said, "Relationship" The
whole Ward then said, "Kanke" which is what it is in Japanese.  It was
pretty funny!  I laughed about it, they laughed about it, and it
totally broke the ice with everyone.  It was a great talk and I love
this Ward so much.  They laugh with me and I feel like we are good
friends now.  Everyone seems to know my name too, so I feel very
loved.  I love them!  Oami also received the Aaronic priesthood!  We
are going to go to the temple together this Tuesday and do baptisms
for the dead with a member.  I am so excited to do that!  I have
wanted to do baptisms for the longest time.  I can't wait to do it
with him.  He is going to love it, I know it!  It is going to be a
very fun week this week.  Oh also, that night we went to the bishops
house to have dinner with them.  It was really good!  They are so nice
and I always love going to members house.  I will send you a picture
of our party.  Fun fact, there is an investigator who did a home stay
with a bishop in Utah, actually it was Elder Porters Ward....  But she
came back to Japan and wants to get baptized now.  She went to the
dinner last night and her mom is okay with it and everything.  I am so
excited to see her get baptized!  Narita is looking really good!  I
love it here and I am excited to work another transfer here.
Sorry this email is going to be a bit short. But next week I will
write more because of my new companion.  I am so excited for him.
Also tomorrow I am going to the temple to do baptisms for the dead
with Oami!  He is so excited and I am way excited to! It is going to
be way fun and then the next day I get to pick up my new companion.
This week is going to be epic! I love the mission and I love seeing
all the miracles in Japan.  It is such a special place to me now.  I
love it here.
Thank you all for your love and support.  I hope you are having a
wonderful time and I hope to hear from you soon! Go to the blog and
check out the pictures if you haven't yet!  I love you all so much and
I will talk to you next week!  Look at my Facebook for my new
companion! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment