Monday, September 21, 2015



September 21, 2015

A week of service


Getting ready to head out for a day of service.

Volunteers getting directions from those in charge.
53 people from Nic's stake ready for a day of service but also a day of fun. Nic loves serving the people of Japan.

Ready to load the bus.


A Roller Coaster that is right next to Nic's house.  He would love to ride it but it is against mission rules.  He will have to do it when he goes back after his mission.
 Weekly Letter 8-21-2015


Wow this week has been amazing!  So much has happened and I have no idea where to start.  Well I guess from the beginning! haha

In our mission we teach an English class for free for anyone who wants to learn.  I love doing this so much!  Everyone who comes loves to talk with me and I love talking with them!  They are so supportive of the missionaries and they think that we are amazing people.  I love being with them because it is also a moment when I can speak English instead of Japanese! haha
Speaking about Japanese.  I went to a members house this week to have Dinner with them.  The members here are so nice and they love talking with the missionaries.  It is kind of hard because I cant understand them that well.  So most of the time I just sit there and smile.  But at this members house I was able to talk with them a little bit!  So success!!!  My Japanese is getting better! haha  At the end of dinner I had the opportunity to share a quick message about families and prayer.  I love talking about families because it gives me an opportunity to talk about my family.  I love my family so much and the spirit is always present when I talk about them.  The good thing is, I was able to share my whole message without any help!  It was an amazing experience and I loved it so much!  I am so excited to learn more Japanese and teach more people!  Each week my Japanese gets better and better, it is great! 
Another great thing that happened this week is we had a Mission Conference.  We had our Mission President and his wife there, and we had the General Authority who is over our mission there.  He was amazing!  He talked about faith and how we can be better Missionaries.  His name was Elder Whiting and he talked with power.  He was a great speaker and his talk helped me so much.  After the talk, I had the great opportunity to have an interview with him!  This is so rare, only 10 of us were selected to go and I loved it so much.  We talked about my family and how I can improve my mission.  Lets just say, by the end of the interview he was impressed with me.  This meant so much to me!  I am so grateful for Elder Whiting and everything he does.  The spirit was so strong in the room when I talked with him.  He helped me so much.
Another great thing that happened this week is I was able to go help the people in Japan who was affected by the tsunami.  It was so sad to see all the garbage everywhere and to see all the stuff that the people had to throw away.  I helped them by clearing out their houses, shacks, and in any other way that I could.  The amazing part of this is there was no complaining or groaning from the Japanese people. They all were glad that we were there to help and they loved seeing us.  They even tried to give us some food and water.  The Japanese people are so kind and loving.  That is my favorite thing about my mission.  The people are amazing and so kind.  I hope that the town that was affected by the Tsunami will be able to build itself back up soon.  We took about 53 people with us to help with the service project.   We helped a lot of people but there is so much more to be done.  
Over all, this week has been a great week.  I loved every moment of it.  Hopefully this week will be just as great! I love serving the people of Japan and I am loving my mission.  There are so many great things that happen each week.  By the end of these two years I am going to have several books filled with my memories.  That is something I have found important on my mission.  Writing in a Journal is so important! I love going back and rereading things.  They help me so much.  I love writing in them!
I hope you all had an amazing week!  Send me an email and let me know how you are doing!  I love hearing from you all!  Take care and know that you all are always in my prayers.  Thank you for all your love and support.  Take care, talk to you next week! :)


Elder Unsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment